What's new

Low pressure rain x for Laser 4000???

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Does the Laser use any other low pressure functions? My machine(not a laser) still uses the h.p. pump, but at a 'medium' pressure. My distributor set it up that way. I think it's the same pressure I use to apply my cherry wax on the lower priced wash.

jcollins

Reaction score
Unplug the lp wax chemical tube and plug the RainX chemical tube onto the lp wax injector.

Or call your distributor, We add RainX as a low pressure function onto the existing wash packages (lp soap1, lp soap2, lp wax) all the time without losing any of the existing low pressure functions.

John Racine

Chemical & Equipment Dist
Reaction score
If you use a 2 step soap you will need to convert 1 of your high pressure functions to a low pressure.

jcollins

Reaction score
.......then you won't have the hp clearcoat protectant available for the next wash package down, plus, that's a high pressure function. There is a way to make another low pressure function available without losing any/all lp functions used now.

John Racine

Chemical & Equipment Dist
Reaction score
I agree with jcollins if you upgrade to latest software and add a output card. The easier way to do it if you don't have A5000, is to use a time delay relay and replumb the solenoid and use the Polysealant function. This still leaves you the High Pressure Drying agent. This is a much less expensive way to put on a Super Sealant on a Laserwash.

Wash-A-Roo

Living off .25$
Reaction score
I looked through the programing and didn't find a low pressure wax option. Does this mean the software is to old?

jcollins

Reaction score
Come on Sam,
You said you worked on Lasers for 9 years in another post! I think any software in any CPU will have a low pressure wax available. The easiest, cheapest, fastest way to setup RainX is to just unplug the chemical tube for low pressure wax and plug the RainX chemical tube to the lp wax injector. You won't be able to use a lp wax pass on the next wash package down, but it can have a hp clear coat protectant pass instead of a lp wax.
I think the RainX application does a much better job for less expense when applied with low pressure.

John,
We apply RainX as a lp function no matter what CPU, software in the CPU, or plumbing options used. I can't divulge how we do it, I'm just saying it can be easily done.

jcollins

Reaction score
....I would highly recommend using 2 step presoaks when using RainX. If you don't get the car clean, you'll be sealing in dirt.

Wash-A-Roo

Living off .25$
Reaction score
correct...have worked on them for 9 years.....never needed to look for low pressure wax function in 9 years! driving me nuts! cant find the low pressure wash in the programming. I know its there somewhere cause I have a"extra" spot for it on the pump station. will call ya soon.

MEP001

Reaction score
Ric said:
Thanks for sharing
Why should he? I've come up with several uses for a PLC around a wash, one of which is to control a triple-foam CCC system and have it produce six colors. It can be done, but why should I share the program I wrote?

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Well, there might be a couple reasons to share. "you get out more than you put in", "its better to give than receive"

Or, "package" your idea and sell it in the classifieds.

Mike

Reaction score
Adding Rain X

Please call or email me and I will explain how to add Rain-X as a lp function, this may require a little additional plumbing, software and or electronics upgrades depending on how you machine is configured currently, and what functions you want on your machine.
I agree the Rain-X I have seen in the field works better as a lp function.

Mike Menard
PDQ Technical Support

Last edited:

Wash-A-Roo

Living off .25$
Reaction score
I'm not crazy after all!!!!!!!!!! Its not there cause I have v17 software and need v19. I also don't have the output cards and input cards for it. (called pdq techs) Is there another way to do it and if so is anybody willing to share the idea! thanks

Mike

Reaction score
Give me a call and we can figure out something that will work

Mike Menard
PDQ Tech Support

gspice13

Reaction score
are u running a low pressure wax currently if not how many inputs do u have on your chemical tree their should be 4 2 soaps 1 air and one wax if not one could make a manifold to accomplish this their should be an out put for this on output card 2 if its not being used for tri color .

lag

Reaction score
Rain-x for 4000

I'm not crazy after all!!!!!!!!!! Its not there cause I have v17 software and need v19. I also don't have the output cards and input cards for it. (called pdq techs) Is there another way to do it and if so is anybody willing to share the idea! thanks
Just send me a PM, I have done 25 or so systems for myself ,and a few others.
I would be glad to give you some ideas, Lag