What's new

Washworld Error - Overlength Vehicle

Easy Clean

4+1 Owner/Operator
Reaction score
What sensors are used to set this error? I assume that during the first pass if the wash travels all the way to the rear and the rear sensors on the t-bar are still blocked it sets this fault? I have had this happen more than once, and hate that customers have to exit the auto bay with soap on their vehicle.

raisetheprice

Reaction score
What sensors are used to set this error? I assume that during the first pass if the wash travels all the way to the rear and the rear sensors on the t-bar are still blocked it sets this fault? I have had this happen more than once, and hate that customers have to exit the auto bay with soap on their vehicle.
Try replacing your shearpin. If it's worn the arm could be blocking the front eyes just enough to give you this error occasionally. The rear eyes aren't even looking for each other on the front side of the midlimit flag.

Easy Clean

4+1 Owner/Operator
Reaction score
The wash is almost new, so I would think the shear pin is in good shape. Do you think simply tightening the bolt on the spray arch would help? Thanks!

raisetheprice

Reaction score
You can eyeball it to see if the arch is (or close to) blocking the front eyes while in the home position. Washworld puts a large foam pad on there and could easily block the eye if the shear pin becomes worn without actually snapping it. Even if it's a new wash someone could have bumped the arm and put stress on the shear pin, but not broken it. The nut your talking about I assume is the one on the top manifold with the double nut. You can check that to make sure that it's snug, but that shouldn't be causing your problem with the overlength front.

ken-pro

Equipment Distributor
Reaction score
Easy Clean,

I believe the error you are getting is an over length front. This means that the front set of T-bar eyes are not clear when the machine comes all the way to the front - Usually on the first presoak pass. If you have a floor treadle, this error is caused either by people parking their rear wheel on the treadle, or by someone with a snow plow hitch or non-factory bush bar on the front of their vehicle - This error occurs when the front eyes are blocked, and the machine is at the front limit.

Also a faulty front eye, or bent/damaged sheer pin could also be the cause.

Easy Clean

4+1 Owner/Operator
Reaction score
Parking their rear wheel on the treadle? Do you mean pulling up too far on the treadle?

Wally

Reaction score
Tri-foam hanging on the tee bar can cause this also. Do you have the little shields on the tee bar that protects the eyes from this?

lag

Reaction score
Overlength front happens on the first cycle,when it is getting ready to measure. At this time if the front eyes on the t-bar are blocked you will get this fault. the most likely causes are
1 sheer pin ( we change ours every 2 months)
2 side arm is bent slightly
3 something blocking the eyes, like tri foam ,dirty eyes ect
4 eyes are going bad
5 car going over treadle to far and rear wheels tripping the stop input( i moved our signs back so if the car is to far ahead ,they cant see the stop sign ,and they will have to back up.
6 t-bar is bent letting the arm block the eyes
7 festoon cale going bad
8 something is acually blocking the eyes ,like a snow plow

If the cars are covered in soap you should not get this error, you may possibly see a little on the front passengers side but not much more. on this error generally soap is on the floor not the car.

whitescout

Banned
Reaction score
I know I am a noob, but usually the shear pin is at fault during high pressure applications only. One thing to check if the machine is going long, is the middle limit switch. The software does not begin to measure, until after it passes the middle limit switch. The middle limit switch is the "trigger" for the measure eyes to begin looking. Otherwise, the unit would not get past the front of the car.