What's new

Buying From Unitec

bigleo48

Reaction score
So over the mast couple of months I've been trying to upgrade my washpay server and get some odds and ends.

I had a long phone discussion with the regional sales guy as I didn't get anywhere with emails and messages to my distributor. As per his request I sent my contact info. I hear nothing back, send a coupe of emails...nothing. Got of hold of my distributor a week ago...nothing back so far.

I must say it ticks me off to no end that I need to chase these people to buy their stuff. I can't just call and say "send me this"...it seems to turn into multiple emails and calls. I wish Kleenrite sold their stuff...

Having said that...their tech support has been good.

jenward

Reaction score
Bigleo,
On behalf of Unitec, I apologize for this series of events. Please send me a private message with your contact information, your Unitec RSM and your distributor name. We will get you taken care of right away.
Thank you,
Jen Ward

CallWhy

Reaction score
I just purchased a wash that uses 2 Unitec Wash Select II's. I called on Thursday to transfer the readers from the seller's accounts to my own. The lady I dealt with had me open my first unit and attempted to dial in and transfer. Something happened that she had never seen before, so she asked me to go ahead and let's try the other terminal.

Well, the same thing happened on that terminal apparently. I was then transferred to tech support, which got me no where and the told me I needed to send BOTH modems in, as they were locked.

So, bottom line, I'm down to no card readers on a Friday evening and had to pay about $100 to overnight to them, and I'm sure they're going to charge me a lot for Saturday delivery, plus they'll obviously try and charge the actual transfer fees.

I would have been OK with being down 1 card reader for a few days, but her locking both card readers up without warning me that it would be a possibility really hurts my location.

My locations with Hamilton readers was much easier to transfer. The Unitec rep has been good to deal with, but they're costing me a lot of money at this point.

It amazes me that it's that difficult for them to transfer service....

bigleo48

Reaction score
CallWhy,

So they are still screwing that up I see. They did that to me 4 or 5 years ago. They seem to still have the same women and setup that fails almost every time. In my post about it back then, I detailed why its failing. Whoever set this up does not understand modems and the phone networks that carry the tones. I use to teach telecom and modems and there is no reason why this should fail. I once transferred a very large file over a low-earth-orbiting satellite systems (so the connection would handoff from satellite to satellite every few minutes) that took over 12 hrs! It astounds me this hasn't been fixed...

CallWhy

Reaction score
Yeah, pretty and with this much technology in washes they still can't program a modem. Hamilton was easy, just plug a handheld unit in and reprogram.

Lesson learned though, don't mess with card readers close to the weekend!

bigleo48

Reaction score
Yup...I really hesitate to do anything close to the weekend.

Not sure what the Unitec setup is for remote programming, but it obviously needs a complete review. You would think after many failures it would raise red flags. I remember dealing with the girl and she said the same thing "this fails a lot". I suspect she's an admin...she certainly had no technical expertise. Not sure why the tech support dept isn't doing it.