What's new

Buying low pressure system for bays

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I am in the process of converting my Carwash to air for tire cleaner and preasoak currently have 24/7 circulating pumps and have seen several of my Carwash Freinds systems with air, like this I have a 10bay SS got a quote from airlogics and one from national pride cost double but has individual shut offs needle valves and stainless pushlocks my Freinds have national pride I was wondering is it worth 2x the price vs airlogics system. Or are there other options. thanks for advise.
By the way National prides has a double pumper on flowjet for more volume bc the size of my place.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I would think it would be DIY. Don't know how your by selector operates. Mine have knobs - Double stack I think. So when TC or PS is chosen a solenoid for that bay on a manifold that has air plumbed to it is opened. The air line T's in to the Manifold where the PS and TC is tied in above the bay. Air is carried thru 3/8" poly. Nothing fancy. The air PSI is controlled with a single regulator that supplies the manifold.

No needle valves.

About 7 years ago I was reluctant to use Plastic push lock fittings. Now I use them exclusively. No issues.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Earl what system do you have one you put together yourself or bought by national,airlogic Carolina pride ???? all my tire and presoak solinods are in each bay above I want to do away with that and put everything inside equipment room except manifold where they mix. I want to know someone's reveiw on airlogic there so much cheaper has me wondering.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
My system is D& S. It was there when I acquired the place. I can see running wires to solenoids above the bays and serviceing them would be a PITA.

MEP001

Reaction score
I don't see why you think you'd need to replace your whole system just to add air for the tire cleaner and presoak. The whole thing could be done by adding just one stack of solenoids and one bank of SPDT relays, or wiring from both the tire and presoak positions on the second stack of the rotary switch just like the motor starters are usually done.

Etowah

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Well MEP very easy my system was built in 1979 and southern pride then had one circulating pump for tire cleaner and one for preasoak they constantly run 24/7 365 they pull 26amps each on my ampmeter a real pain and expensive to operate and want to convert to air like other carwashes that use air mixed with chemicals to reduce chem cost also and power. I want all my solinods in equipment room also for ease of servicing when your by yourself it won't work you to death running back and forth.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Running up and down a ladder then walking 10 bays to equipment room is not fun

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Like Earl Said...It wouldn't be hard to make your own system. It would be a heck of a lot cheaper than buying one ready made.

For a 4 bay PS system, all you need is (2) 4 solenoid Kip manifolds, (1) flojet, and (2) air regulators (1 for the Flojet and 1 to mix air with chemical). The (2) kips go in the ER. Run air and chemical lines to above each bay and tee in to what delivers PS. I use 1/4" poly tubing Tee'd into my HP gun manifold right above the bay. Product gets to the gun quicker that way. Very simple. Mine has been set up that way for a very long time and is virtually trouble free.

I also use push lock fittings. I wouldn't do it any other way!

MEP001

Reaction score
Well MEP very easy my system was built in 1979 and southern pride then had one circulating pump for tire cleaner and one for preasoak they constantly run 24/7 365 they pull 26amps each on my ampmeter a real pain and expensive to operate and want to convert to air like other carwashes that use air mixed with chemicals to reduce chem cost also and power. I want all my solinods in equipment room also for ease of servicing when your by yourself it won't work you to death running back and forth.
I didn't realize it was that bad. Your main question was about adding air to tire cleaner and foam brush, which would be very easy on most systems.

If you buy systems, you'll be paying a minimum of 30% above the cost of the parts. I'm biased though, I worked for a distributor and built and designed many systems. Building couple would be about as much trouble for me as changing a tire would be for the average person.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Hey thanks guys alot probably going to build my own now weld up some stainless manifolds and just put it all together. thanks for advice