What's new

Counting Quarters, how?

Twodose

Reaction score
My bank thankfully accepts bulk coins, I bag them at 1000 coins at $250.00 per bag, I just made a deposit with 12,000 coins = $3000.00. I know that is allot of coins but they never bitch, they will actually call me and ask if I am going to make a deposit of quarters because I think they have to order them if they don’ t have them on hand.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
will this counter count wet coin's?
I rarely dry my coins. If they are extra wet, I use a large beach towel to dry them. Takes about a minute...Its not enough for me to justify the difference in price between the Coin Mate and a Klopp.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I lay mine out on a bathroom towel with a hair dryer to dry them and weigh them up in 50lb bags is the only way they take them, used to bank with Suntrust and they started charging me $80 a bag to deposit and I switched just for that reason to a locally owned bank.

MaxClean

Reaction score
we used to spend hours using the coin counter. it is more accurate but takes time. we use the scale and it saves us so much time. i guess we need to make sure it's calibrated but it's work great for us.

hope this helps.

jprb

Reaction score
If you don't have mixed coins, I would recommend a scale. We have one with a 60lb max, so we can bag $1000 in quarters. I have checked the calibration a few times, counting out 50 coins at a time with the Klopp, and adding them on the scale. It's always been within 1 quarter +/- of the correct number. The scale is much quicker than counting with the Klopp counter we used originally. Klopp is great if you are rolling coins.

JPRB

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
If you don't have mixed coins, I would recommend a scale. We have one with a 60lb max, so we can bag $1000 in quarters. I have checked the calibration a few times, counting out 50 coins at a time with the Klopp, and adding them on the scale. It's always been within 1 quarter +/- of the correct number. The scale is much quicker than counting with the Klopp counter we used originally. Klopp is great if you are rolling coins.

JPRB
What JPRB is saying is true ... we saw it first hand how a large local amusement company changed from the Klopp Counters to precisely calibrated scales when they used to process in front us 2 of their machines that they used to have in our laundromat. ... before we got our own. As far as sorting in preparation for the weighing ... if it is just between dollar coins & quarters ... even if they were equally divided numbers in our coin boxes ... a simple box with an upper surface of quarter sized drilled holes ... would be really no trouble or loss of time at all. We could use the same upper surface (temporary towel) to dry the coins in case they happened to get extra wet.

mike walsh http://kingkoin.com/USA_Deficit_Reduction.html