What's new

Cloeman shampoo vac tank leaking

doublj70

Reaction score
Hello,
I have an older Jim Coleman shampoo Vac, that started leaking shampoo. It has the integral 5 gallon tank inside of it, and the shampoo is just leaking out of somewhwere on the bottom of the tank (which I can't actaully see a hole), and filling up the upper chamber of the vac, where the filters are. I am wondering if anyone knows if there is some type of plug or drain on the bottom of the tank that could be leaking or if it just randomly cracked or something? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
By the way, I just tried to call Coleman tech support, and found they only offer phone support for $55 an hour if you are out of warranty... I won't be buying anything from them.....

Thanks, John

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
Check the fitting at bottom of sight gauge, these do leak after period of use,they are push type fittings.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
If no luck with fittings it could be a cracked weld, If so, Coleman warranties these for life of the unit. If you have a local distributor you could call them, they can put the vac on a Coleman truck when it delivers equipment.

Last edited:

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
My most common leaks were at the in line filter. They seem to go bad every few years.

Had two leak over the years which may or may not have ben due to a freezing problem when the power failed or we did not change over to winter formula soon enough and we had to send it to Coleman for repair. Not even sure we got th same units back because they had different locks when returned and we had to call them for new keys.