What's new

Scrap the Aluminum Rails

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
Rim Scratches

Does anyone know where I can purchase the plastic used on conveyors to protect the rims that will fit over a 3 1/2" outside diameter guide rail?
Thanks,
Mark

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
This would be for guide rails on an automatic wash. I am looking for the UHMW that fits around the conveyor rails. This is for one of our older automatics (Ultraclean) that has full length guide rails 3.5" in diameter. Most converyor rails are only around 2".

CRHAMEL

Reaction score
I can get you that material 2x2 .25 wall we just so happen to have a moutain of uhmw material, give me a call

C.R.Hamel

E.Joramo

Reaction score
We use PVC cut in half lengthwise and screwed into place.
Erik

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
I can get you that material 2x2 .25 wall we just so happen to have a moutain of uhmw material, give me a call

C.R.Hamel
I need something round. I do not think I can bend uhmw even if it is 1/4" thick?

Danny

Reaction score
I have a pretty good source on UHMW, 3-1/2" is pretty big and unusual. If you could get me a sample or a pic with OD and ID for it I can see about getting it.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
I would need something round with an inside diameter of 3.5 inches. I do not want to get anything too thick or we will start restricting vehicle width. This is a private pull in/back out site owned be a large automobile manufacture. Evidently they have a tendancy to turn the wheel when backing out. I will have to check on the exact length I need.

Danny

Reaction score
I would need something round with an inside diameter of 3.5 inches. I do not want to get anything too thick or we will start restricting vehicle width. This is a private pull in/back out site owned be a large automobile manufacture. Evidently they have a tendancy to turn the wheel when backing out. I will have to check on the exact length I need.
Let me know how many total feet and in what lengths you need each section to be and I will see what I can do with my source. Do you need a specific color?

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
Color does not really matter but yellow or something bright may help them drive better. Right now they are Ryko silver/gray. I will get a measurement on Monday.
Thank you,
Mark

mac

Reaction score
You might consider cutting the length down so that you only have a short section of guides by the floor switch. For a lot of people the longet ones are harder to drive through.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
I am surprised they are having problems since there are no more than 15 people using this wash because it is private. I am going to leave the guide rails long since they do have to back out, I would rather they hit the rails than the machine. It is an Ultraclean so it sits in the middle of the tracks when it is done washing and it is not as wide as the newer systems.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
Danny
I sent you an email this afternoon.
Thanks,
Mark

dclark3344

Reaction score
I had those round aluminum rails in my Water Wizard. After many nicked rims and people jumping rails getting hung up, I ripped the rails out. I think the moron that started this design worked for a wheel company and wanted job security. I found a guy in Florida Plastics Recycled Man and purchased Solid Blue Plastic parking blocks, and installed them where my rails were. They worked GREAT. I have only have a few people drive up on top of them and they are generally SUVs with oversized rims. I HAVE NOT SEEN A DAMAGED RIM since. The angled shape helps push the tires away where the metal rails would grab the tire and people would often turn into the rail. The plastic is much slicker and tires tend to slip off it. I have contacted Coleman about them but they are much TOO SMART to use any good and common sense from a customer, just one more reason they do not monitor the forum.

JustClean

Reaction score
I had those round aluminum rails in my Water Wizard. After many nicked rims and people jumping rails getting hung up, I ripped the rails out. I think the moron that started this design worked for a wheel company and wanted job security. I found a guy in Florida Plastics Recycled Man and purchased Solid Blue Plastic parking blocks, and installed them where my rails were. They worked GREAT. I have only have a few people drive up on top of them and they are generally SUVs with oversized rims. I HAVE NOT SEEN A DAMAGED RIM since. The angled shape helps push the tires away where the metal rails would grab the tire and people would often turn into the rail. The plastic is much slicker and tires tend to slip off it. I have contacted Coleman about them but they are much TOO SMART to use any good and common sense from a customer, just one more reason they do not monitor the forum.

!!! WHAT A GREAT IDEA !!!

Do you have any photos and an address? Thanks.