What's new

Ryko US 2001 arm running into side of vehicle

Etowah

robblackburn

Reaction score
My Ryko 2001 is having trouble and damaging vehicles. When the HP arm begins to wash the vehicle the trolley does not stop and it continues all the way to the other side while bending the arm up against the vehicle. This is isolated problem and may happen once a week - but a very expensive problem ! I have disconnected ultrasonics so that the arm will not profile and will default to furthest position. The trolley count proxes all seem to be working properly. I cannot find a two (or 4 digit) code that seems to mean anything. Any ideas.

Thanks.

Rob

captain cw

Reaction score
I did that years ago with mine. The High Impact pump hits the car with about the same force from 18" to 36". One less thing to to go wrong.

soapy

Reaction score
If it is a 2001 OHD try cleaning the ultrasonics sensors that detect the front and rear of a vehicle mounted on the far outsides of the bridge. If it is a track model clean the photo eyes that detect front and rear of vehicle.

robblackburn

Reaction score
I am thinking that the problem is from the extra play that I have in the trolly arm. It will swing back and forth several inches. This causes the trolly rotate proxes to not be made during the wash and shut down. I am told that there is a key stock in the trolly arm/gearbox that is probably worn. I am going to pull this down and take a look.

Rob

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Do you have the ability to take some pictures or even a video and post them?
I recently started to make videos of my problems/solutions at the wash with a digital camera/video recorder makes trying to explain things better when others see the video or pictures.

soapy

Reaction score
If I remember right there is a couple of set screws that can be tightened on the arm to stop all the slop. They are a square headed bolt located up on the arm.