What's new

clearcoat sealant spotting

Mel(NC)

Reaction score
I changed over to KR clearcoat sealant a couple of weeks ago and I am getting complaints about spotting. I have the final dilution ratio at 620:1 which is a little on the heavy side of the spec (600-900). I'm sure the customers are not using the rinse cycle after applying sealant but I never had complaints before with the old supplier I was using. Has anyone esle had any spotting complaints? Do I need to dilute it further?

Eric H

Reaction score
Is this the Kleen seal with teflon? If it is I'll check the dilution tomorrow. I use it with minimal spotting but I always do a quick rinse after washing. Have not had any customer complaints.

Mel(NC)

Reaction score
Eric,

I am using "just peachy". The klean seal with teflon is listed for automatics. Are you using this in your self serve?

Eric H

Reaction score
Yes I have it in the SS. Someone else here suggested I use it in the bays. I have SS hand air dryers and it really helps the water bead and sheets off the car.

Renato

Reaction score
I have been using SS1 from Stoner and I can tell you it works excellente, not spoting.
saludos
Renato

MEP001

Reaction score
I would think that any spotting issues would be from customers not rinsing the car properly or thoroughly. You can't cure ignorance; consider a product that's more forgiving.