What's new

rinse tank over flow problem

no-money

Reaction score
I have a wall mount rinse tank that overflows when the weep system is on .

Weep system is runs on its own line by a weepmizer with a solenoid and then flows through paraplate check valves into the low pressure side of the pump .

lines from the rinse tank flow through solenoids to the pumps . I have 3/4 either position check valves also in these lines .

I do not have the problem when the weep system is turned off so I don't think it is the float valve in the tank. How is it possible that the water is not only getting back through the check valves and also the the solenoid ?

The tank is mounted 3' above the rest of the equipment

Thanks for your help .

MEP001

Reaction score
Water is flowing through a bad pump and a bad check valve. Solenoids don't restrict flow the wrong way.

If that tank is hot water, run all the pumps until the plumbing is hot, then turn them off and turn on the weep. Whichever check valve or pump is letting water flow back will have its plumbing get cold from the weep.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
One or more of your 3/4" check valves have failed, allowing pressurized city water from the weep system to flow into the rinse tank. As MEP001 stated, solenoid valves cannot check reverse flow...especially pressurized water.

Replace the check valves with simple swing checks or low pressure spring checks, paying attention to the flow arrow direction. (not sure what you mean by "either position" check valves.)

no-money

Reaction score
Thanks guys ! I replaced the swing style tonight with a spring style . By either position I meant horizontal or vertical mount . By this time tomorrow it should be dry !

Thanks for your help .