What's new

Postal Vehicle Contract

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm attempting to get a contract to wash the U.S Postal Vehicles.:D

Currently they have an out of town company coming in to wash on site.

I think it'd be better if they or I ran them thru my carwash once a month.

Any operators out there doing biz w/the US Postal Service?

What type of discount do you offer a fleet account like the Post Office?

Thanks!:rolleyes:

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I sell them rolls of tokens at my same discounted rate ($30 for a roll of 25 tokens) that I offer to all businesses. Great repeat business. I also have a few towing companies and an ambulance company that buys them. I am working hard at getting one new customer a month for fleet business. It's a little more difficult with just a self serve, but I refuse to give up. :)

MEP001

Reaction score
UPS washes their trucks every day - that would be a nice contract, but the equipment would sure be expensive.

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
I've had accounts with government vehicles in the past. They are slow paying and there always seemed to be a problem with who to contact to straighten things out. We finally said you must buy upfront (tokens, wash passes etc.). They did for a bit. It just depends on who is running the show on your local end and how well they communicate with you.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I have just gotten used to the fact that once I drop off tokens, it will be 60 days before I receive payment. They have their second shift janitor bring the trucks up and clean them. I have watched him toss in five or six tokens and wash for all of 5 minutes. I will take that any day.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I mailed out a letter to the USPS. I will follow up with a call next week.

I am SS and IBA, so they could pick how they want to wash.

All we have to do as an industry to get UPS is convince them that using pro carwashes is a net money saver over washing at the terminals.

MEP1; I already bought the equipment for washing UPS trucks; CAT pumps, soap, wax, spot free, etc!:)

MEP001

Reaction score
Waxman said:
MEP1; I already bought the equipment for washing UPS trucks; CAT pumps, soap, wax, spot free, etc!:)
I was referring to an automatic - most of the bigger stations have their own large brush rollover. There's a wash in a neighboring town here that built an auto bay just for school buses and UPS trucks.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The UPS hub I used to work at used a power washer. That's why I commented as I did.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
I believe UPS only has the automatic large truck washes in hubs or larger cities. I have known several people who had contracts to wash UPS trucks. In most cases they did the work at night and considered it side work. The only catch is that they had only one year contracts at best (in some cases month to month) and they bid them out on a regular basis which keeps the price down. One of the individuals I know decided not to bid since it was becoming increasingly not as profitable and affecting his main detail business. If you are interested in this type of fleet washing and look hard enough you can also find some trucking companies that outsource washing their trucks as well. Another possible source for fleet business is cab companies as well as municipalities.

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
I have several different contracts with government agencies. Some are better than others. Some try to get the lowest price possible and others don't even question paying full retail. They all pay in a haphazard manner. The one thing they do is fill a spot on the conveyor. They tend to wash even on marginal weather days so that helps. I wouldn't try to build an empire on this type of business, but it does help pay the bills.:)