What's new

Auto Vend Plus Electronic Vendor

Back4More

Equipment & Chem Supplier
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience either pro or con on this electronic vendor?

Thanks,
Ron

Back4More

Equipment & Chem Supplier
Reaction score
I think it's a Fawn vendor. It looks like snack machine that sits outside. You can get a model that can dispense cold drinks and vending products. It was at the ICA show. It's about $5,500.00.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I never had a Fawn and never will. They may make the best vendor in the world now, but there was never a good word about them on the old forum. There were some very angry posts regarding them and the salesman that sold them.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Stick with Shurvend. I bought one and it was one of the best investments I've ever made. Jim does some great work.

vinh

Reaction score
Stick with Shurvend. I bought one and it was one of the best investments I've ever made. Jim does some great work.
what machine you bought bubbles. I thinking of getting the hole in wall visicombo. Did you cut hole in wall? That what I dreading. cutting concrete.

Kirb

Reaction score
I have the Shurvend Visi combo. It vends, works, and looks great. Make sure you get bill and CC acceptance.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Fawn has always been a piece of crap. Ask Greg Pack, he didn't listen to me and bought one, within the year, as I recall he hauled it to the dump.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I bought the new half pint junior and I love it. I had an old D/H vendmaster and was just frustrated with it inability to vend items. The addition of bill and cc acceptance is huge! Reliability and recommendations are two things you should look for when buying a product and Jim at shurvend will get a recommendation from me.

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
Auto Vend Plus Info

I offer this post as current and valuable information to fellow forum readers about the Auto Vend Plus vendor and have no intentions of bashing any competitor at all. Bill does not permit it and I don?t do it.

The Auto Vend Plus vendor is made by Fawn and is the latest in Fawn?s continued quest to get back into the Car Wash Market. There is an announcement about this vendor in the ?Manufacturer?s Showcase? section of the June, 2009 Auto Laundry News magazine. I saw it in Vegas at the ICA show and at the NAMA show (the Vending Industry Show) in Vegas a few weeks later. It is a ?lookalike? of the AMS ?Outsider? vendor which has been available for years. I sold a few of these to customers in the past, but have quit selling them because of my security concerns when installed in a car wash environment. The AMS ?Outsider? is now promoted using different brand names; Mega-Vendor III by Kleen-Rite and Rain Tunnel, and Dultmeier uses the ?Ultimate Outdoor? name.

These vendors can be sold at a lower price because, supposedly, you don?t need the security structure (cage) to protect them from weather or vandalism/theft. However, the bill validator is still vulnerable to smashing and/or breeching the thin steel surrounding it. The doors are usually 24-26-gauge steel so these new cordless electric chisels/saws/drills can make a hole rather easily. See the pix below from a customer of mine to see what can happen to a bill validator in these vendors.

The 24-26 gauge steel of these vendors can not prevent vandalism/theft like the 10-gauge stainless mask over the bill validator/control panel and the 14-gauge steel cage over the whole vendor on the ShurVend machines. ShurVend may cost more initially, but the long term operation and security is second to none.

Uncle Sam :)

Last edited:

washregal

Reaction score
What outdoor vendor would you recommend for the car wash industry - Just to vend no-refridgerated car care products.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have had my Shurvend 51 selection combo unit since 10/09 and have been quite impressed. It has at increased my vending gross for sure.

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
I love my 5 Shurvends, for outside a cage for protection will make it secure from just about everything. You may want to rethink the refrigerated part. I have 4 refrigerated, one non, I really like the ability to vend sodas. Not that much more $, but a little more hassle to stock the soda. Just a thought

Etowah