What's new

Unitec modem programming

mac

Reaction score
Has anyone else had any issues with getting a new modem programmed lately? I have a customer that bought two new Wash Select IIs and we have been trying for a month now to get them programmed and sent to us. The credit card processor people have made a couple of mistakes filling out the form, and when that happens everything stops. Aparently there is only one person up there that does this, and she has an attitude. She's very busy you know and has a lot to do. This is absurd. New wash opened a month ago and still can't accept credit cards. Is this the new norm for their service, or does this person just like me a lot?

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Mac, who is on the road and can't re-post right this minute.

The whole situation has a number of people to blame and as we all know when people say that they did something and they didn't, things start to fall apart and it looks like while there might have been a grumpy employee that didn't understand where the problem was at first, Unitec is addressing the issue and must wait until others do their part.

Mac will elaborate when he gets off the road.

borumrm

TN D&S 5000's
Reaction score
I have had to have this done a few times...it is a bit of a hassle since several entities are involved but the ladies I have worked with at Unitec have always been very helpful. Once the information is sent correctly from the merchant service and the customer has verified the informaiton is correct (they sent me screen shots of how it was entered then the can load the information. Ours were done over the phone lines after all of the verification was done as I had the modems on site.

mac

Reaction score
It turns out that there have been issues with all involved, and there are a few involved in this. Here are the players and what happened so far. Me. Somehow when I went to Unitec's site to download the form needed for this, I went back in time about 18 months and downloaded Unitec's old form. Yes, you read that right. Time travel, but that's what I was told. My customer. The person running the wash has never done anything like this, that is setting up the account with a card processor. She was slightly overwhelmed and didn't understand the process. The card processor. These people have screwed up twice that I know of and didn't respond because no one notified them. Unitec. The people up there have mostly been great to deal with in the 20 plus years I have sold things of theirs. Eric Eden who is Mr Unitec, is one of the more upright people in the business. But Unitec is prey to the same things all businesses are: hiring good people. Their lady, Cheryl or Sharon I think, who does this is flat out a jerk. I can see how some, OK maybe many, people don't like or agree with me at times. But this woman has pi@@ed off me, my customer, and my office manager, at different times. My intent on posting this was to see if she has a history of this with many people. If so Unitec needs to know. I just want the things programmed and sent out.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
No dice here, Mac. She re-programmed my refurbs I had to buy about a month ago. (I guess a lightning strike got them) She was both friendly and timely. Back in March, she reprogrammed four for me and I had no problems. I do try to have my **** together when I call here, though. The only thing that riles me about Unitec is their parts pricing-bend over and lube up. But everyone who deals with them knows that.

ToFarGone20

Reaction score
I also recieved a mighty bolt from Zeus...3 of them actually. Odd when there was not a cloud in the sky. Weird that nothing else on the entire property was damaged in all three cases. I now have a hardwired surge suppressor (high/low voltage the whole 9), APC battery backup high low all the stuff for just the phone line, and a third protector inside the unit between the modem and the machine. It is 100% isolated now...fingers crossed. Need it to work long enough to pay off the other 4 modems.

I think for Christmas I will ask for a spare...hope Santa can deliver!!!!!!

My suggestion...build in whatever kind of protection it needs...I will gladly pay extra to have the safety.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Just had an issue with one of the refurbished modems mentioned in the previous post. It was locking up and I had to reboot the WSII to get it to process. Tech support:Joe was helpful and practical about it. He suggested I swap modems into the other unit. The problem followed the modem, confirming a defective unit. I did have some minor issues with other tech support people wanting to diagnose even further, but com'on THE PROBLEM FOLLOWED THE MODEM! so I managed to get Joe and he took care of it. I will ask for Joe next time. Also good luck with (I believe) Aaron on first round of problems. Problem found, modem reprogrammed after some back-and-forth paperwork, and modem shipped the same day. It is a Bueracratic paperwork process getting dealer to call in RMA, etc. but no complaints with girls in merchant processing. They were nice and got it out the same day.

mac

Reaction score
Just a little follow up on this particular situation. It is December 16 today, almost a month since I made the first posting and ruffled some feathers. My customer should be getting his modems today. Yes, another whole month of finger pointing and runarounds. If any of you ever have to deal with Paymentech (not sure of spelling), good luck. I got the classic runaround. At one point the guy I was talking to there said he would have to report me to the FBI for threatening his bank. The ONLY way this finally got settled was because of a lady named Michelle Fuhrer. She has a business that helps people establish merchant accounts with credit card people. She accomplished this in about two business days. Her fee is quite reasonable, and she even waived that asking me to make a donation in that ammount to a local food bank. Amazing, and refreshing, to see service like that today. Hope it's OK to give her email: mfuhrer@UnitedBankCard.com
Highly recommend using her for any setup. Why Unitec didn't tell me about her a month ago is a mystery, but at least it's done. Thanks again, Michelle.