What's new

Security Camera Fun

Red Baron

Reaction score
This morning the reflective stripe on 1 of my Postguard bollard covers had been peeled off and was laying in the bay. A 9 or 10 year old ADD kid was zippinng aruond the lot like a maniac, twisting every knob, swatting every hose, dancing in front of the cameras, pointing his butt at the cameras, turning to make sure daddy wasn't looking then shooting the bird to the camera, then peepling the stripe off.

One of my guys recognized the owner from the cameras - I mailed them a photo of their boy flipping off the camera, and peeling the stripe off. Labeled each pic in case it wasn't obvious what the brat was doing, and asked the parents to keep him in the car when at the car wash.

bigleo48

Reaction score
BTW, Daddy knew what he was doing, but just doesn't care. I get a few of these kids from time to time, where they are doing everything except burning the place down, while the parents seem oblivious to their behavior. Then you point it out to the parents, they lightly scold junior(s) and carry on. Personally they look like they'd be happier if junior got run over :(

When I see this remotely, I fire a stern message over our PA system.

Big

Mr. Clean

Reaction score
What kind of equipment are you using that offers the PA option? Does it have 2-way audio capability?

Thanks.

MC

washnvac

Reaction score
Equipment from carwashcameras.com com has it. I am getting ready to add it to my 4 dvrs from them. It is about $250 per unit.

bigleo48

Reaction score
I did mine fore the price of a used PA amp and some outdoor speakers (less than $100)

guitarandy

Reaction score
Yesterday I had a lady come in and wash then vacuum. As she was vacuuming her Ford Expedition (took at least 30 minutes), her 5 kids were climbing up and sliding down a nearby dirt pile, getting totally filthy while waiting to get back in the freshly cleaned Expedition.
As annoying as kids are, they account for a lot of our customers visits.