What's new

Electronic reader board sign

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a simple 2 sided 4 X 8 electronic reader board with four lines of text. No scrolling, no multi colors, dancing clowns, etc. just four lines of stationary text that can be changed remotely.

Anyone know of a source?

pitzerwm

Reaction score
I bought one of those signs that is usually has legs and stands in a parking lot or whatever, took off the legs and mounted it on a pole.

jimmyjj

Reaction score
There are several sources for LED message signs. The two industry leaders are daktronics and watchfire both on the internet. You can also do a search on ebay for LED signs or LED message centers. There are companies that offer off brands for less and sometimes you can find a deal on a used one.

woodjt

Reaction score
Daktronics can sell you a monochrome display or go full color

Whatever you decide ..... from experience:

Mount it where you can easily work on it - i.e. not too high

Buy it from a local distributor who can service it. I purchased one sign from a supplier over 1000 miles away and it was a real hassle to get local service. I now own a Daktronics and service is simple and easy to get.

Better to go taller versus wider - it makes graphics much easier to display and have impact

Hard wire communication is preferable to wireless

Go with a national brand well known name - don't go generic - you won't be able to get parts in a few years

Good luck