What's new

Hamilton XE Validator

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Can a Validator overheat? just had my Validator serviced and everything was fine then on our hottest day 95+ my changer kept shutting down with the same error code "6 blinks pause 5 blinks" Validator Shut Down Error and each time I opened the changer it felt like a oven inside since then I have had my door open and no problems should I cut some small slots on the top to vent the hot air?

MEP001

Reaction score
The "6 blinks pause 5 blinks" is from the controller, and all trhat says is the validator is shut down, which you already know. There is a code on the validator that should tell you why it's not working that will be a number with a decimal and another number without.

Yes, they can get hot and shut down.

vinh

Reaction score
I have a stainless steel housing for my acw. The validator get over 130 F easily inside when it is 100 F in alabama. The validator is made to stand heat. I have it shut down if someone try to string it. also in bad storm when power flickers. what is error code on the side of validator.

MEP001

Reaction score
One code you gave says the system is disabled by the validator, the other says the validator is disabled by the system. You've probably had two separate issues and looked in the wrong place for a code each time.

Randy

Reaction score
A 6.5 error code “Validator Shutdown” is normally associated with the validator shutting down the control thus shutting down the changer. This error is usually related to the rear gate flipper in the back of the validator. They drop with gravity if they don’t drop fast enough or if they hang up for any reason the validator will shut down with a “Validator Shutdown” error. A spring should installed on the rear gate flipper to give it a little more positive drop action, like with the STA validator. It could have been a onetime fluke error that may not happen again or it could become a problem. I’d keep an eye on it and if does it again then I’d send it in.

Your problem could be heat related, that would a component break down on the main board.

The half of a “1” on the validator display "Unit Inhibited" is the controller telling the validator to turn off, there is something wrong with the changer, don’t accept any money. Any of the errors that shut down the controller you’ll get a half of a “1” "Unit Inhibited" on the validator. This includes “Validator Shutdown” “Stacker Busy” “Incorrect Hopper Payout”

No you don't need to send your controller in

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Well I just got my Validator back from being serviced and thought it was fixed well about 10 customers later it did it again took a couple of ones just fine then on the third dollar bill it took the bill but did not compact it in the the stacker the controller blinks 6 pause 5 and the Validator shows 1.6

MEP001

Reaction score
Since 1.6 means "Motor creeping," either it was not serviced properly or tested thoroughly or there's noise causing a false code.

I replaced the first of our HVX validators with a Mars because it was occasionally stealing a customer's bill and not stacking it. I had replaced everything in the changer except the hopper and never fixed the problem.