What's new

Chemical 2 Clean Front-Load Washer?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hi Guys.

I bought a front load washer for efficiency. The scuzz is building up pretty good on the door gasket and I am sure in other places I can't see.

What do you use to de-scuzz your front loader washer that washes all the carwash/detail towels, rags and applicators?

Thanks!

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
My maytag at home has got a bad lookin gasket also, they say the fix is to replace it on mine. Mines like 10yrs old, but seems impossible to make smell good. The laundry does well so i don't worry about it.

Louise

Reaction score
We are on our 2nd front loader. This one we leave the door and the detergent dispenser open when not in use. It dries out just fine and we have no odor.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
I have a whirlpool front loader. I was having the same issue and running a cycle of bleach water thru it seemed to help. You also have to clean the door gasket with bleach/water as water get's trapped in the gasket and will mold if not cleaned out regularly. Your clothes and towels will start to smell like mold if you let it go too long. There is a lot of info online about it.

Another thing to check, is the screen just ahead of the pump. (Under the washer behind the front lower panel). Its interesting the manual doesn't say anything about this screen. I took mine apart and there was all kinds of gunk in it that didn't smell too good! I think on the newer models they have a little trap door in front to get to this screen easier. Since all my kids are gone, we don't seem to have this problem as often!

One more thing if you want to research it. Some of the liquid "He" soaps are made with animal fat which allows mold/bacteria to grow faster. We switched to the powder "He" soap (no animal fat) and this has helped tremendously. No more moldy smell.