What's new

Floor sealant

washme1

Reaction score
I drove through a self service car wash that had painted their floors with some kind of gray colored sealant. It looked nice. Does anyone know what they may have used? Does it hold up well? Ease of application?

lag

Reaction score
Does anyone know what they may have used?
It is a product called traffic topping.

Does it hold up well?
It is to early to tell, so far it is holding up well, but will need to get through the winter to really see.

Ease of application?
We usually do projects around the washes ourselfs,but this was hired out. I will PM you the guys name and number , and you may contact him to discuss the product,and application if you wish.

Bascially the floor needs to be dry,then slightly grinded,cleaned of all dust, then the first coat is applied with a very fine gradular sand put on top, cleaned agian, then within 24 hours the topcoat must be applied,then 24-36 hours to cure.

You cannot get it wet during the whole process

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Was there a practical reason behind the install above and beyond aesthetics? I've thought about doing this, but could never really justify the ROI...

lag

Reaction score
Was there a practical reason behind the install above and beyond aesthetics? I've thought about doing this, but could never really justify the ROI...
The concrete in the bays,after 25 plus years is very worn out. The other choices were to replace all the concrete , or another product that was 3 times the cost of this product.

The choice was made to put a top coat on it to try to stop the continued decay of the concrete ( floor was very pitted,or very smooth in other areas creating some slick spots).
Hope this answered your question