What's new

futura millenium

washman9

Reaction score
we are having a problem with the under carriage shift valve on our 10 yr old futura millenium. have slow air leak from valve assembly. to my understading this part is no longer available. does anyone know of any retro fit solutions to this problem?

MikeV

Reaction score
The best changeover is using 2 1" Dema hp solenoid valves. The motorized ball valve uses a small 24vac solenoid valve to shift from u/c to the gantry. Usually the 2 allen screws that hold the solenoid valve in place will strip out and allow air to leak. Get the Demas from KR. It will take a little creative wiring to make them work as the 3/4" feed to the gantry needs to be normally open. The Demas are normally closed. Wire it in to the "STOP" light, which will open it when the car reaches the treadle. Wire the U/C valve into where the u/c is wired now. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need part numbers.

washman9

Reaction score
that's exactly the approach were are going to take - conversion to the dema valves. we have had nothing but problems over the last ten years with this air shift valve mechanism and this seems like such a simpler approach. thanks for your help.

MikeV

Reaction score
Washman, when testing your Cat3535, don't forget to turn on the "stop" light to open dema valve. If you don't you will deadhead your pump.

washman9

Reaction score
do you know if the outputs i need to use are 24 or 140 volt ac?

MikeV

Reaction score
washman, depends on which coils you get with your valves. You can use either 24vac or 120vac. Let me know which ones you get and I will be able to tell you where to plug them in. You have both on your Millennium (24vac and 120vac)