Here is a tour of our new dog wash in Vestal, NY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28bTtClSRqU

MEP001

Reaction score
It lists the video as private.

bigleo48

Reaction score
Hey Tom,

We'd love to see this video if you can please change the setting from Private.

Thks...

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Tom, I didn't see a waste basket in the room. I assume that there is one or will be one?

bigleo48

Reaction score
I like it overall. The coinbox, the functions, the lighting, the ability to walk completely around the tub is nice.

What I'm not big on is the brick finish (porous so can hold dirt & smell, more difficult to clean), not sure if I like the pet vac & blower so far from the tub with long hoses (I hate picking up hoses). I also find that Flee&Tick shampoo is not profitable and the effectiveness is dubious at best.

Separating the petwash bays is nice, but I have not found that to be an issue with my two tubs in one room.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I also find that Flee&Tick shampoo is not profitable and the effectiveness is dubious at best.

Separating the petwash bays is nice, but I have not found that to be an issue with my two tubs in one room.
bigleo,

Just for a heads up. KleenRite seems to have improved on their Flea & Tic --- it now says veterinarian grade. We were pleasantly surprised when the dog owners were showing us for the first time the tics just falling off with the improved product.

Tom,

Higher walls for the splashing on a different style tub --- seems would make for easier cleanup. Big Leo does make a point on the open all around though. We definitely prefer our setup but then again we do have a bit of a bias --- unless Bill P vouches for us!

A gave a local chiropracter strict orders to send any dog washing injured people to our place --- I am not sure if he listened to me though!

Out of curiosity --- is a free cleanup "odor" eliminating disinfectant something you might still consider?

Is it climatized --- as in air conditioned --- also how is it heated?

mike walsh king koin of bismarck

thoffmanjr

Reaction score
We will see how the brick works out. We are getting our products from Kleenrite so the flea and tick should be the good stuff.

We do provide a free disinfectant cycle on the coin box. We provide 20 or 30 seconds.

HVAC: We have heated floors and supplement it with heat from the air handler which also has air conditioning for the summer. We also have an air exchanger. It moves fresh air in which passes through a heat exchanger to capture some of the escaping heat. It is probably a little early to tell but our bays seem to have far less odor than other dog washes I've been in.

sparkey

Reaction score
bigleo,

Just for a heads up. KleenRite seems to have improved on their Flea & Tic --- it now says veterinarian grade. We were pleasantly surprised when the dog owners were showing us for the first time the tics just falling off with the improved product.

Is this the flea and tick shampoo that you indicate does a good job http://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-3807-dog-wash-veterinary-grade-shampoo-5-gal.aspx

Do you still stand by your claim that fleas fall off dog with this stuff?

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Sparkey,

That is the specific shampoo. We are mostly going by what several people told & showed us. It would be nice if others have experienced that also in their dog washes. I saw it with my own eyes. As a caveat ... I suppose there are variations of tics in different geographical areas.

I hope this helps.

mike

Etowah