What's new

futura millenium

Etowah

washman9

Reaction score
we have approx 10 year old futura millenium. having a problem with small hydraulic leak in the small pump that controls the passinger side lower wash wobblers. it seems to be a seal or bearing that is leaking. does anyone know if this pump can be rebuilit or where i can find replacement.

thanks

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
we have approx 10 year old futura millenium. having a problem with small hydraulic leak in the small pump that controls the passinger side lower wash wobblers. it seems to be a seal or bearing that is leaking. does anyone know if this pump can be rebuilit or where i can find replacement.

thanks
washman9,

I would get the info off the pump & call or go to a place that specializes in hydraulics. They may be able to assist you without shutting down. If a replacement is not found --- a different pump may require slightly different mounting.

Since it is Futura Mike Vukelic might be able to help you also.

mike walsh king koin of bismarck

MikeV

Reaction score
You can get a replacement motor (it's not a pump) from Grainger. Part no. 4TY85

MikeV

Reaction score
Yes, they can be rebuilt, but unless you are a professional hydraulics mechanic, it isn't worth it. Rebuilt motors generally don't last very long. I have rebuilt some and they require a special socket to get the bolts out...look at the bolts that hold the face on...
The replacement from Grainger is a Charr-Lynn motor and is a direct bolt on replacement. About $335.00. You might want to try the old one as a spare and for the experience.

dbrown2911

Reaction score
I have a Futura I am working on. The drive was stuck when i came in last week and wouldn't move. I Looked at driver side and found the wheels (front with sprocket and back guide all misaligned) I jacked it up and the bearings were shot..wobbling all over the place. I had them replaced and put back together and drive still wont move..not even trying on the passenger side. I check the wheel on that side and seem ok but the motor with the sprocket for the chain will not move..seems locked up. Should these move freely by hand? I found a Char-Lynn motor that was left from previous owner on a shelf that was used and locked up as well..so should i just order new one and scrap the old or can these be rebuilt. Thanks "still the new guy"

washman9

Reaction score
futura machine

we have a futura millenium and it has the direct wheel drive mechanism on the drive wheels. There is no chain drive on our machine. Do you have the futura SSA wash? maybe other futura owners can be of greater assistance. Sorry.

MikeV

Reaction score
dbrown, I address the rebuild issue here on this thread. As for the motor not turning, it is probably locked up, which does happen to hydraulic motors. Sometimes you can free it up with a giant pipe wrench and a prybar, but it is probably best to replace it. Keep in mind that if you replace one drive wheel, you will need to replace both of them as they will pull at different speeds (new vs old). You can probaly get new motors from KR, but you may have to crossreference the numbers. Not a big deal.

dbrown2911

Reaction score
Ok so you are saying to replace both hydralic motors for the system (passenger and driver side) I found the part at Kleen right last night and ordered only one..the other side turned fairly easy..

dbrown2911

Reaction score
and was it just me or are these a pain to get to in order to remove?? Wish the whole back would come off so i didnt have to reach around...

MikeV

Reaction score
dbrown, yes, that is what I'm saying. The drive motors will turn at different speeds if they are not both changed out. You may not see a problem at first, but when you start breaking wheels and have a problem with the tracking, then you will know for sure. And, yes, they are a pain is the a$$ to change, umbilical side more difficult than the other side.

dbrown2911

Reaction score
OK i bought the Char-Lynn replacement motor from Kleen RIte. My old one had the flange on it with the "ears" on it to bolt back up to the machine..the new one came in and had a round face on it without the "ears" to bolt back up. SO..can I take the face plate off if I take the star 6 point bolts out and put it on the new pump or what can I do...It came off as same model number but the face is different and cant mount the new one. HELP

dbrown2911

Reaction score
This Kleen RIte part came without the flange that has the "ears" on it to bolt back up to my machine. Can the old flange be taken off and swapped. Is the key built on permanent to the shaft..or how do I slip the flange over it without damaging the seal on the face plate? HELP ME PLEASE!! THanks!

MikeV

Reaction score
I don't know why your motors came without the correct mounting face plate, could be that they sent you the wrong motors? The motor you need is a 3OE868 (Grainger part no.) or a 3OE 861. You might check with KR to see if they sent you the correct motor. The key on the shaft is a woodruff key and should be able to be removed if you try to change the face plates.