What's new

DRB vs ISI w/Unitec Sentinel

chewy007

Reaction score
Hello I am currently building a new Flex serve site with dual pay lanes and RFID and debating between ISI and DRB, I like all of the marketing capabilities of DRB but they are more expensive and I really don't like that DRB charges a premium for there product and then forces you to use there payment card processor. Which in turn I believe they receive kickbacks. ISI seems to have a good offering with there software integrated into the Unitec Sentinel, I am curious if anyone else has compared the two also the tunnel controller is a rTC from ISI.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Success is best measured by trip generation and profitability, not cost efficiency.

You may want to visit this link,

http://www.drbsystems.com/public/resources/success_stories/tripleplay_StepUpSales.cfm

to see case study on Triple Play Carwash, www.tripleplaycarwash.com
The multi wash purchase is a nice marketing option. But I have no idea what the theory is about "Trip generation and profitability, not cost efficiency."
For instance why would "Trip generation and Profitability" and "cost efficiencey" be mutualy exclusive.

Last edited:

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
It is not a theory, it is an observation of fact.

For instance, if you have a wash with eight or less functions, I don’t believe it is possible to beat the cost efficiency of a Datatrax.

On the other hand, if you have a flexible service wash like Triple Play (a multiple facilities carwash), you need capacities and contingencies.

If pay stations malfunction, staff has the ability to switch to hand-held transponders to keeping on selling and washing, critical in a high volume wash.

I could go on but a conversation with the good folks at DRB, like Ken Brott, would be a more efficient alternative.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
It is not a theory, it is an observation of fact.

For instance, if you have a wash with eight or less functions, I don’t believe it is possible to beat the cost efficiency of a Datatrax.

>>The multi wash purchase is a nice marketing option. But I have no idea what the theory is about "Trip generation and profitability, not cost efficiency."
For instance why would "Trip generation and Profitability" and "cost efficiencey" be mutualy exclusive.
<<<

OK, so maybe "theory" was the wrong word, which I used because I do not understand your "Thought" / "Buzzword"

Perhaps you could explain the principal of "Trip Generation and Profitability" and why it seems to exclude "Cost Efficiency"

BTW, I operate 4 EE's with Datatrax (32 Function) and DRBs.

chewy007

Reaction score
Social Circle Module

Has anyone have any experience with DRB's Facebook tool the Social Circle Module? ?