What's new

Laundromat homework

Jim H.

Reaction score
I am in the car wash and c-store business and am thinking about starting a coin laundry on the side of the c-store. I haven't been able to gain access to the old forum archives. Would some of you mind directing me to sites that are as reputable as this one so that I can do some homework. Thank you

Jim H.

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I appreciate the help, and welcome any advice. For now I have plenty of reading to do, thanks again. Jim

Jim H.

Reaction score
One of the first things I have noticed is mechanical coin mechs. Does the industry prefer these over multi coin accepters? Thanks, Jim

MEP001

Reaction score
Jim H. said:
O.K., Do the majority of the owners (within this industry) prefer mechanical coin mechs over multiple coin acceptors?
You're going to get different answers from different folks. The bottom line is that electronic acceptors are more reliable, mechanical ones are cheaper. Not everyone sees the benefit of spending $100-200 more per unit for electronic acceptors.

Daniel Laviola

Reaction score
I operate with coins and find the Keltner Coin drops to be the best coin drops made. They are trouble free and are not too expensive.
Daniel Laviola

mmurra

Reaction score
There are a number of us who operate both laundry and carwashes. Lots of great information from the CLA (Coin Laundry Association). Consider joining prior to making a final decision. They have a wonderful conference / expo every other year. Mark