What's new

Old Hamilton Hopper Help PLEASE!!!????

CLEARVIEW CARWASH

Reaction score
Guys,
I have an older wash that has two Hamilton CM1 51-xrs changers. The hoppers are getting really worn out. I think the hoppers are either "HCP" or HGP 3-XRS. It's a little hard to read. I know they are ancient.... I saw a post a while back by Kevin Reilly. He mentioned that the changers could be converted, and that he had a pallett full of the old hamilton hoppers. I don't know if anyone has any info on this. These things are just worn out. Unfortunately, I am not in a position to replace them with new ones. If someone can offer some guidance on parts or upgrading just the internals of the cabinets, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks...

Randy

Reaction score
The problem with the HGP or “Game plan” hoppers is there are no parts available anymore, they went out of production about 1993. I’d personally change them over or convert them to a HSH Hopper which is the newer style, if the cabinet is in good condition. But it’s not going to be cheap. You’re going to have to replace the guts of the changer, Wiring harness, Hopper mounting plate, Hopper, and upgrade the software in the controller, if you’re using a v4.3 controller you’ll need to go to v5.3 software