What's new

Unitec Dial up vs. Internet c/c's

Reaction score
Does anyone still have the dial up modems in a unitec autocashier? We are having problems since we changed c/c prosessors with a network error. mulitiple locations, not just one. Not even the same area code. If anyone has change to an internet modem let me know what kind of success you have had.

Reds

Reaction score
I have had dial up since 2005 (2 WS2's, 2 phone lines) without any troubles. And it only takes a couple seconds to approve.

bigleo48

Reaction score
Mud,

You're making assumptions that its the originating modem. I understand modem and telecom very well and there are many places this can be breaking down. If you can find someone who has the knowledge to troubleshoot modems and async data communications. they would be able to break it down and determine the cause.

If you can remotely call into your WSIIs from home and have a good connection and get all your info...that would suggest the problem is at the other end.

bigleo48

Reaction score
Error code 120 Protocal error, check at and up paramaters for correct for correct values
It means check modem AT parameters (so that would be the Initialization string (how you configure the modem for communication) and make adjustments. Those adjustments would tell the modem what protocols to use, what kind of encoding and error correction among other finer details.

Like I said...your spinning your wheels. Someone who knows modems could have this all fixed in less than an hour. Basic modem configuration really.