What's new

Vending Aluminum Cans of Pop etc?

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Has anyone else besides us noticed that the aluminum cans made in the last few years ... appear to be made of lighter aluminum making more frequency of the cans breaking on the way down to the final delivery area? We have a 50+ selection AMS that I believe is similar to SureVend & because of the cans breaking ... we are in the process of transitioning to all bottles.

Any comments or suggestions ... the plastic bottles tend to be more expensive & have less variety than the alumimum cans ... so it is not something that we prefer to go entirely to?

mike

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
I get maybe 6 a year that blow out. I thought if it got worse,
i would put rubber drawer liner on the outside angles that
cause the damage.

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
We sold cans for a few weeks after we got our shurvend. So many blew out that we switched to plastic bottles almost right away. Less profit, but less mess.

fwiw, water and gatorade are our best sellers.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
I bought 2 new Royal Pop Machines about a year ago. Not the Survend type. I was getting about 2 busted cans a week untill I discovered what was causing the problem. My machines have plastic rolls at the bottom of the bins that dispense the cans. These rolls had sharp flashing that was not burred correctly when manufactured.

I ended up taking all the motors and rolls out of the machines and sanding down the sharp edges. I haven't had a busted pop can since.

You might have some sharp corners/edges in the Survends. Its something to check out. I don't necessarily think its the thin cans causing the problem since I fixed the issue with mine.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I vend cans in my Shurvend and have never had one break. They're only falling from the bottom 2 rows, so not a far drop. I did stab one with my pocket knife last week when opening a case of Monster. Gave it to an employee. They love that stuff!

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
I vend cans in my Shurvend and have never had one break. They're only falling from the bottom 2 rows, so not a far drop. I did stab one with my pocket knife last week when opening a case of Monster. Gave it to an employee. They love that stuff!
I had a few Monsters freeze and bust in my vender...a gooey mess.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
I've never had one break in the vending machine either, but like Waxman they only drop from the bottom two rows.

I was thinking you could add a soft, spongy material at the bottom of your machine to help soften the drop perhaps?