What's new

Cleaning Aluminum Equipment

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I use Kleen Wall to clean the FROP and Stainless. If I use it on Aluminum it seems to Flash the finish.

What works well on Aluminum Tunnel equip and leaves it silver instead iof a ghostly white?

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I used Kleen Wall full strength and it never flashed my aluminum it actually made it shine, which reminds me I need to buy more at Windtrax

MEP001

Reaction score
The aluminum might have magnesium in it. I use Klean-Wall on the TSS signs and it makes them look brand new again.

buda

Reaction score
Not sure what the product you are referring to might contain, BUT the best and fastes product to use to clean aluminum is HYDROFLOURIC ACID.

It is extremely dangerous to one's health so you must use safety equipment such as safety glasses, water-proof cloths, rubber gloves and a respirator in an enclosed area like a car wash tunnel.

Best results I obtained was spraying it on; followed by an alkaline chemical, scrub with a brush and pressure wash.

Makes the equipment look brand new.

You can dilute as much as 10 to 1.

Bud Abraham

pitzerwm

Reaction score
I was told that HF etc, removed some protective "coating" on/in the aluminum and it will "corrode" quicker.

Robert Bailey

Reaction score
Klean-Wall sold by lots or you can use wall brite sold by sdirectonline dot com ..

I dont suggest anyone using HF , if you do make sure to contact your insurance company first.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
No HF ever on my property! I don't care how good it cleans especially people who use it straight WTF???

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I use Kleen Wall to clean the FROP and Stainless. If I use it on Aluminum it seems to Flash the finish.

What works well on Aluminum Tunnel equip and leaves it silver instead iof a ghostly white?
Earl,

I would give Warsaw Chemical a ring. They have some chemists there who have a lot of expertise. It seems their product is called Aluminum Brightener.

http://www.warsaw-chem.com/ss-cleaners.htm#Brightener

It has been awhile, since we used it our walls. That lapse of time painfully was called to my attention .... where it showed in the background on my posted recent deficit-debt correction video that the wall of my bay should have been cleaner. BTW, if anyone missed the video the links are on this thread.

http://forum.autocareforum.com/showthread.php?t=9604

mike

buda

Reaction score
Richard you are correct, HF by any other name is still HF.

It has been used for years to restore aluminum.

It is dangerous, but if used with safety equipment it is fine.

Bud A

JustaGuy

Reaction score
I was told that HF etc, removed some protective "coating" on/in the aluminum and it will "corrode" quicker.
They were probably referring to the thin, hard coating of aluminum oxide that forms quickly on the surface of aluminum when exposed to the air. I don't know if HF will remove that coating, but I suppose it could. However, that coating will re-form quickly too, but I suppose when exposed to the chemicals in a car wash that it might not get thick enough quickly enough to prevent the chemicals from corroding it.

Has anyone that cleans their aluminum with HF noticed if it corrodes more quickly than when they dont' clean it? :confused:

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
OK Guys, My installer says try "Awesome" from Dollar Tree. There are several items by this brand name. It is in a semi clear bottle and yellowish color. Spray it on, let it sit a minute, use an SOS pad (lengthwise along the leg / beam) and the aluminum polished up like new.