What's new

Futura

ncwg

Reaction score
I was wondering if you have had any experience with futura, specifically the futura millenium. Do you like it, hate it, otherwise..

Joe Gillis

Reaction score
Futura is a great machine. Very durable. Cleans the top and sides really well. Front and back not so good. 2 out of 4 ain't bad.

MikeV

Reaction score
I have a Millennium that has over 110,000 washes on it and it hasn't missed a day yet. An hour here and there for routine maintenance but nothing serious. You should know that Futura may be phasing out the Millennium as they have a new machine, The Impulse, that incorporates all the good stuff from the Revolution and the Millennium, plus adds a turbo arm to take care of the front and back where the Futura systems were lacking before. Check with your distributor for more details. Just so you know, I am a distributor for Futura in Houston.

MikeV

Reaction score
Elliott, I set mine and several others in self serv bays. What do you need to know?

dbrown2911

Reaction score
I need some help with a Fututra by Specialty Equipment Company. Model NO SSA-9100C

I am just getting into the biz and could use some..well A LOT of pointers!

dbrown2911

Reaction score
I actually have a good question right now..Where do I look if one of my enter doors on the Auto bay is not closing on temperature? The other bay shuts on its own when a car enters or exits but don't know where to look to fix the problem. I was told the little pad by the door that is wired into the photo eye controls it..but I switched it out and was not the problem. (think that it just tells the computer if the door is open or shut?) Also good maintenance suggestions or a place to get any manuals...I am walking into this blind! Thanks!

MikeV

Reaction score
dbrown, the doors are controlled by the photo eyes if they were installed correctly. You should have door functions on your controller that will open and close the doors. Have you tried opening and closing them remotely from the controller? Thats where to start. Let me know if I can help.

dbrown2911

Reaction score
Thanks Mike for such a quick response! I can shut it and open with operator garage door button..and the door opens when someone purchases a wash..dont bleieve it was responding the last time I tried to do it with the wash controller. SO these Photo eyes also can sense temp? They are factory set to a certain temp?

MikeV

Reaction score
No, the photo eyes do not have a temp sensor, there should be a thermostat for that. When the thermostat reaches set temp it will signal the controller to open or close the doors. The photo eyes are for seeing the vehicle when it enters or exits the car wash.
There should be a junction box in the bay with a thermostat, open-close buttons, and power hookup for the doors, connected to the controller.

dbrown2911

Reaction score
Ok I didnt think the photo eyes would have anything to do with it. I know for sure in the two junction boxes on both sides of door..only the photo eyes and that small medal pad thing the door rests on is the only things that are tied into system. There are no open and close buttons located in the bay..the manual buttons are located inside the equipment room. I will keep looking..i dont believe i have opened up the junction box that the under car spray pad is wired into. Other than that I have looked everywhere. I only work at the wash a few hours a day since I have a full time job so its hard to get to into it.

MikeV

Reaction score
That small metal pad thing is what tells the controller whether the door is open or closed.
You need to ind the t-stats and see where they are set and if they are working. Just move the set temp to ambient temp and see if it makes the door open or close. All of these-photo eyes, sensor pad at the bottom of the door and t-stats should be wired into the controller.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
you gotta troubleshoot it

First you need to eliminate the door operator itself as the problem.

Once you do that, go looking at your equipment.

My PLC has a relay inside for 'entry door close'.

When I had this same problem, I first eliminated the operator as the problem thru testing.

Then I looked at relays.

Then I looked at temp sensor.

Then I looked at 'emergency exit' button (customer can press if trapped in my bay and both doors open). This switch had corroded so severely that the contacts for entry door were 'making' from corrosion. Removed switch from circuit and problem solved.

I suggest a troubleshooting and maintenance log. This helps you remember what you tried, what worked and didn't and what parts you replaced. Many problems come back later on and the log helps solve them more quickly and easily than trying to remember everything.

Good luck!

dbrown2911

Reaction score
Ok using the PLC or computer system on the door contol function..I can open the door just fine but it will not allow me to close the door. When I push the button the relay lights up with the # 6 output that correspondes to "enter door close" but nothing happens. There is not a emergency button in the bays and have yet to find a tempeture controller. It could be ran in attic but havent found it yet. I have found the weep thermostat located up there but nothing for the door control. I have been trying to find paper work on this somewhere with no luck..there is a schemetic on the back side of door..but it is just basic with what outputs are where and where the relays are..not exactly what all they control. Yesterday I have a complaint that the under car spray doesnt work on one bay..when i force outputs and hit the UC switch it comes on just fine..but not with a paid wash..and it is selected in the programing to do so?? I work full time at a school corporation and I am trying to do this on the side, so I dont have that much time I can spend there..but it is haunting my dreams! Thanks for all your help and anything you can pass along..I appreciate it Tremendously!!

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i would swap the door relay in your plc out with one you know is good. an led lit doesn't mean the relay is good.

test that then post again.

if underbody works from plc but not from floor switch i would guess bad floor switch.

good luck.

dbrown2911

Reaction score
WELL I GOT IT!! I swapped a bunch or relays around in the PLC and the relay box that has the vehicle detector wired in to it and also found a couple loose wires. Also tracked down the UC switch and found broken wire! Took a few hours of following everything through but PUMPED that it is working now. Thanks so much and I am so glad I stumbled upon this site!!!

MikeV

Reaction score
It could be that your weep and doors are sharing the same thermostat. Not uncommon for someone to wire them that way to save on t-stats and wiring, just jump a wire in the controller from weep to doors.

dbrown2911

Reaction score
Thanks..I traced each wire out and found thermostat in attic by hatch..it was covered up with insulation and had the bulbs sticking out in the eaves..found loose wire on this and adjusted the temps and is working like it is supposed to now. Thanks for all your help!

A+Tech

Reaction score
Elliott, I set mine and several others in self serv bays. What do you need to know?
Mike,
Is there anyway i might be able to speak with you over the phone i have a Futura Millenium well 2 of them to be exact. I have worked with alot of different washes. However i have never seen one of these before. I am not sure where to look for the I/O Fault one has. also have one that appears to be ready to wash but on the command sign i am getting DATA ERROR! they both have Ge Faunc controllers on the cabinets. the one that has the I/O error also has a Backup photoeye error. which i can see the reciver is not on. i replaced it with a new photoeye and it still will not come on. The prox on that side also is not working either. however the other photoeye is. the one that appears to be ready will do nothing when i try to tell it to run a phantom test wash. With being completely new to this wash hopefully you may be able to provide some pointers and assistance which would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advace!