What's new

ACW and Vacuum Break-in’s

Randy

Reaction score
Up here in the Seattle area we’ve had a rash of break-in’s. On Christmas Eve they hit an Hamilton ACW and destroyed 3 Coleman combo vac’s, pulled the power meter off the building and went to work. The backup power supply for the camera system worked but all you can see is some ghostly figures moving around, No vehicles used. New Year’s day same car wash, a PDQ ACW entry system was hit, pretty much destroyed it also.

January 6th Spanaway Washington, 6 J.E Adams Combo vac’s destroyed going after the bill validator.

Both of these car wash use Tokens, when they break-in and get Tokens they buy vending items to sell. The only thing you can do is remove the Tokens and money from your equipment daily. Once these people score they’ll be back.

Pictures available upon request

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
It seems odd that someone would destroy a wash to get tokens to buy vending, unless they are getting quarters, by putting in 5 $1 tokens and buying a .75 item, and then getting change back. Otherwise if they are getting so much vending, they could be selling it at swap meets and such. A pretty strange bunch of vandals

Kevin Reilly

self serve carwashes
Reaction score
Randy shoot me the photos by email. 5 of our changers were hit over the new year week-end. Didn't get much because we empty the currency but they sure screwed up the Mars Validators. We lost 3 that I will send to Jim to see if they are salvageable or boat anchors. Interesting what they did to. They also hit one of Kelly's (my son). Actually they hit all the local washes but nothing reported in the towns close by. We do have a photo (not very good!) from another operator and he has posted it on all the changers at all the washes in town with a $300.00 reward. Hopefully we'll catch the SOB.
Happy New Year.....A great way to start the year. At least the sun is shining and no rain in the forecast!:eek: