What's new

acw jackpotted

cyclone

Reaction score
we were recently jackpotted through our Hamilton acw. They broke the choice buttons in the process. Has this happened to anyone and can you tell me how they did it. We have tried everything and cant duplicate.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
No offense, but how do we know you aren't just fishing for information? If you are an actual wash owner, my best advice is to call Hamilton and talk with them, they have a solution and can lead you down the right path.

Thanks.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I definitely wasn't trying to be inflammatory, but I don't think it's prudent for people to post information like that in a public forum.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
It's very common, been known about for years. They know which wires to manipulate to get it to pay off. Protect and securely fasten down your wires, disable the refund button, remove that wire from the harness, install the heavy coin cup cover, and install a GFCI inside the ACW. For good measure, cut the white wire in the hopper harness to foil one of the other ways that it can be jackpotted. To foil yet another way to jackpot the hopper you will need a security cover for the controller.

MEP001

Reaction score
I.B. Washincars said:
install a GFCI inside the ACW
There's a GFCI in the Goldline which I assumed protected the unit. The power supply went out, and while I was looking for the problem I suspected and removed the GFCI to look at it. It's not hooked to anything at all, it's just stuck in the cutout and grounded.

Randy

Reaction score
There's a GFCI in the Goldline which I assumed protected the unit. The power supply went out, and while I was looking for the problem I suspected and removed the GFCI to look at it. It's not hooked to anything at all, it's just stuck in the cutout and grounded.
I don’t know what causes the Goldline DC power supply to go bad, they are fused but the fuse never blows. But when they go bad your dead in the water. I always keep at least one on hand because it never fails someone is going to need one on a busy Saturday or Sunday morning. It's cheap insurance

Randy

Reaction score
To foil yet another way to jackpot the hopper you will need a security cover for the controller.
If your ACW-4/5 controller doesn’t have the Stainless steel security cover installed it’d be a good idea the get one. Its part #100-0063 costs $23.18.

Indiana Wash

Reaction score
I believe another way is to disconnect the jackpot switch. If I recall correctly, you cut the white wire going to the hopper. I put quick disconnects on mine so I can reconnect it to use it if I want to. Otherwise, the switch is disconnected.

I do find it interesting that the original poster did not name his car wash in Kenton, OH!