What's new

Best rollover wash for 13’ bay width tunnel?

med5595

Reaction score
H everyone,

My tunnel is only 13’ wide and I am trying to see what options I have. The only system that will for sure fit is the Ryko maxx 5.

Does anyone know any other options that will fit in my narrow bay ?

OurTown

Reaction score
According to Ryko the minimum bay width is 14' 6". I don't think there are any friction machines that will work in a 13' wide bay. You will need to go touchless and even then there is almost nothing out there that fits. We had two 12' 9" wide by 24' 8" long by 10' tall bays and decided to tear them down and build one very large bay. What machine do you have in there now?

med5595

Reaction score
I don’t have a machine. I am converting a mechanic bay over. Ryko told me that the machine. It will only have a few inches between the walls but it will work. I also went to another wash with the same dimensions as mine and saw it.

Chuck Ivey

Reaction score
Years ago we were contractors for Ryko and put some machines in TIGHT bays. One bay was so short that we had to adjust the travel every fall and spring so the rear arms wouldn't go through the oh door. That salesperson would sell anything to anybody and we had to make it work. Not stealing the thread but saying Ryko will fit in small bays.

med5595

Reaction score
No, you are absolutely right, Ryko is the only machine that will 100% fit with confidence.

washnshine

Reaction score
Watch the bay width. I’ve seen installations of various machines where the side brushes make contact with the walls when they are spinning. I would never want this - it will just give you early brush wear and tear. It’s also not going to be as effective on the car because it will be knocking out some soap and water on the wall that it should be carrying to the car.

Last edited:

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Ryko friction is not a terrible choice. I don't know anything about them but you may have to find out how you can access the machine to service it. I had a friend that installed a wizard in a tight bay and he had to install doors in his walls to access the side panels of the machine.

OurTown

Reaction score
Watch the bay width. I’ve seen installations of various machines where the side brushes make contact with the walls then they are spinning. I would never want this - it will just give you early brush wear and tear. It’s also not going to be as effective on the car because it will be knocking out some soap and water on the wall that it should be carrying to the car.

This would be my concern also. You wouldn't want anything but smooth walls and no conduits or anything like that.

med5595

Reaction score
@washnshine and @OurTown
In my bay, the brushes will wash the walls a little bit, but only on larger cars. This is unfortunately a consequence of having that small width, but it’s better than not having any car wash in there. I will make sure the walls are smooth with the liner.

My only other option is to go with a Touchless system and even those are going to be a little tough to fit.