What's new

Burglary Breakin

rtcgolf

Reaction score
Hello, we have been robbed at both of our car washes in west Texas. Apparently there are 2-3 people who are robbing car washes, auto bay kiosks and self serve safes. using high speed drills. They have robbed maybe 5-10 car washes in west Texas and Kkansas

It looks like we may have enough evidence to catch these thieves.

I am looking for advice/guidance on securing our kiosk and self-serve safes.

Has anyone attached security devices to a kiosk similar to what you might have on home door, that is monitored and alerts someone if a person is attempting to break in the kiosk?

We have camera, but we have not seen the need for monitoring devices, here to fore. It looks like it is time.

Any thoughts on how to better protect ourselves would be greatly appreciated

AnalyticWash

Reaction score
Step up your locks. Alarms are worthless if the criminal has already opened the door. Best case scenario, police are 5 minutes out. In 5 minutes, I am pretty sure most criminals can get the cash out of a bill hopper.

Well designed locks are your best bet against car wash robbery.

slash007

Reaction score
Step up your locks. Alarms are worthless if the criminal has already opened the door. Best case scenario, police are 5 minutes out. In 5 minutes, I am pretty sure most criminals can get the cash out of a bill hopper.

Well designed locks are your best bet against car wash robbery.
I agree, but partially. Every break in I have the police are worthless as they get there after the money is gone, but if you have bay doors with alarms and a siren outside, they will likely run after opening the first coin box instead of getting them all.

rtcgolf

Reaction score
I agree, but partially. Every break in I have the police are worthless as they get there after the money is gone, but if you have bay doors with alarms and a siren outside, they will likely run after opening the first coin box instead of getting them all.
thank you all for the feedback. we are pursuing LockAmerica. Their locks look impressive and likely a great solution.

Randy

Reaction score
thank you all for the feedback. we are pursuing LockAmerica. Their locks look impressive and likely a great solution.
We use the Lock America hockey puck lock on our Goldline ACW's and they work well. We've also replaced the 3/8" hex bolt with a high security bolt. Now they are using another process to open the coin boxes with bill validators and get into the ACW's, I'm not going to post it here on an open forum, if you want to know PM me.

rtcgolf

Reaction score
We use the Lock America hockey puck lock on our Goldline ACW's and they work well. We've also replaced the 3/8" hex bolt with a high security bolt. Now they are using another process to open the coin boxes with bill validators and get into the ACW's, I'm not going to post it here on an open forum, if you want to know PM me.
Hi Randy, assume you meant phone me (PM) not sure how to get your number?

MEP001

Reaction score
PM = private message, just click on someone's user name.