What's new

Doctored bill In Pensacola, Florida

Louise

Reaction score
Okay guys,

I am out of town, so this info is from my husband who NEVER works the wash but had to fill in for me.

We received a bill that had the face of a $5.00, but the ends of a $20.00 taped on. Bank teller (who caught the bill at the time of deposit) said that criminals are cutting the ends off (in this case) the $20 and the $5 and switching them. They pass the fake $20 maybe at a store or a bar and then use the $5.00 bill (with the body of the $20 with Jackson's face and they use it in a changer to get the change for a $20.

So, the guys arrive at my wash about 10 pm on March 25th driving a grey or silver Altima. Tries the bill about 5 times in my changer and it is quickly rejected each time, give ups, walks over to the ACW and the machine takes the bill the first time and prompts him to make a wash selection. The refund button has been disabled (thanks to advice I received here) so when the refund button does not produce results he pushes a button for a wash. The enter light illuminates and the guy stands there kind of scratching his head. The he calls over his buddy, they chat for awhile and then finally give up.

So, the refund button didn't work and he didn't get any change back after making his wash selection because he chose to slip his doctored bill into the ACW that just happened to be out of quarters and said "Correct change only". Hopefully, since he was not successful he won't try it again.

The bank turned over the bill to the Treasury and I spent hours searching surveillance. Finally found them and YES, I GOT THEIR TAG NUMBER. The darned tag cam doesn't always capture the tag, but in this case it did.

Maybe the Treasury will take this a bit more seriously than the local sheriff's dept.

jprb

Reaction score
Louise,
The Treasury (Secret Service Division) probably won't mess with the case at all unless there has been several thousands of dollars passed by these guys. Best luck of prosecution will be with the local police or sheriff's dept.

Like you said - hope they won't be back since nothing worked out for them at your place!

JPRB