What's new

flojet rebuild?

asalsy

Carwash or Car Wash?
Reaction score
I searched the old site and found alot on flojets, mostly not to rebuild them. Yet, as the glutin for punishment that i am, I want to try for myself anyway. My question is: The pump sometimes leaks air out of the muffler, sometimes not. I dont want to buy all of the kits to rebuild. wHAT is most likely my problem, and what kit should i try? Just food for thought, I submitted a request for technical support from flojet, and got no response!!!!!!!!

MEP001

Reaction score
There's an air valve kit which is what you'd need, but I don't bother rebuilding them anymore. It's more trouble than my time is worth, plus if you replace all the parts that could potentially fail again it costs more than a new pump.

asalsy

Carwash or Car Wash?
Reaction score
I agree, but I have 30 of theese pumps in action at a time. They all seem to quit the same way, so, if I could find a small problem to fix I would be happy. This particular pump is only 4 months old.

MEP001

Reaction score
asalsy said:
This particular pump is only 4 months old.
Shouldn't it still be under warranty? If so, I'd let them worry about it.

Do you have oil and water separators before them? I've had no trouble with the air valve parts, just failed diaphragms.

asalsy

Carwash or Car Wash?
Reaction score
I dont know if its under warranty. It woud be nice if flojet would respond to the tech request. Ill just call my suplier about it. The real issue is that i have roughly 6 of thees things with the same problem.

Yes, I have water and air seperators. I have them after the air compressor, and right before any manifold that has regulators or pumps on them.

Randy

Reaction score
They have a one year warranty on them or call your supplier. Have you tried calling FloJet. I have there phone number if you need it. I?ve always had good results with FloJet pumps. Which model are you using? Are you using the correct pump for the application, Vitron for Pre-soak/Tire cleaner?

Obeco1

Reaction score
If you take one apart, most time it is a bad valve. There are 4 per pump but you have to be careful to remove and replace them in the same postion that they came out , they are very confusing to work on. If it is a leaky shuttle valve that is leaking air I would'nt know how to fix it. I do not use these anymore they just dont hold up. Brian

Ben's Car Wash

Conveyor & self service
Reaction score
I've rebuilt a few (2 or so). They didn't last long. I find it cheaper to throw away and get new ones. They are much cheaper than the husky pumps and last about as long in my experance. I found, if I remember right that when you re-assemble them that the vavle go in in 2 directions with the 4 seals (that's what is confusing). But you can get the for under $80 at times (I get them from my chemical supplier who gets discounts).

When they start to go bad they "spit" out of the air muffler... or blow off the muffler all together. They're actually hardy little pumps.

MEP001

Reaction score
Obeco1 said:
I do not use these anymore they just dont hold up.
I've been using them for some time now, and I've had no troubles with them as long as the proper pump is used with harsher chemicals and the air is dry and oil-free. Most who have told me they've tried them and they didn't last weren't supplying them with clean, dry air. One even told me that they were constantly leaking water from the time they were installed, and when I got a look at his equipment the air lines were all full of water (not the dyed chemical the FloJets were pumping). I'm certain he had a bad check valve on his IBA which was letting water into the air lines.

I don't bother rebuilding them either - I don't like replacing only a bad part when I open up a pump, I'd rather rebuild it as completely as possible, and it costs nearly as much in parts to do that as it costs for a new pump.

Mr.Aap

Reaction score
Put a real drier in and your problems will be solved......