What's new

New guy

Etowah

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
in my mind tokens are just a way to keep people from breaking into the vaults, coming for change without spending any money at your wash and the slight benefit of walk offs. I suppose there is some potential marketing benefit if you have a custom token like I do that says your wash name etc. But I think that's a somewhat optimistic attitude and I'm guessing customers are a little more unaware than that when it comes to your particular branded token. I doubt they care that much about what the token says but maybe. It's a little bit of a pain when customers want to sell back unused tokens as they sometimes do. Since we are on staff most days operating a used car lot and the detailing shop we will often be kind and give money back for unused tokens but not always if we are lightly staffed and they do not have adequate change.

I still accept quarters in all the equipment as well as tokens because I'm a big believer in accepting as many forms of payment as possible.

carwashfng

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the insight. Looking at Cryptotap plus right now as well. The coin boxes are small with limited real estate available for cryptotap & swipe. I came across a stainless box on KR that butts up to the existing coin box, creating space for tap/swipe. I am guessing that is a valid option if no other space is available. Anyone have experience with these additional space boxes? The item is called "Side Mount Laurel Metal 399-150 box"
The old changer is a Hamilton shown in the picture. The Hamilton website shows several decal upgrades which I believe would work for this one. Vending picture as well, which I figure would be kept as cash/quarters.

Attachments

Randy

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about going to tokens at this time. I'd concentrate getting everything up and running. I believe your vending machine is made by RPD Corporation https://rpdvending.com/ . Your old Bill Changer isn't that old, maybe 10 years old. There isn't a part the bill changer that you can't buy. It looks like your equipment was made by Specialty Equipment, they went out of business about 15 or 20 years ago