What's new

Oscilloscopes Latest Enhancements

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I recently decided to revisit the possibility of investing an oscilloscope to hopefully help with troubleshooting the large variety of equipment we have. What I found that they are now much more affordable dollar wise in relation to their features. I have not invested in one yet ... still just trying to make the most out of my Fluke 325 True-RMS Clamp On Multimeter for now.

The newest generation of oscilloscopes are proving to have more abilities to log events & interact with both Android & Iphone smartphones. Also the interaction with laptops & tablets along with LAN & WAN in general might make more sense to take on their "learning curve" to help isolate electronic & even loose connection noise related

It seems like if more of us had oscilloscope testing capabilities ... it could be a win-win when it comes to minimizing the number of lengthy phone calls to the electronic support people at various distributors in our industry???

Keno

Reaction score
There are a lot of affordable scopes with many features nowadays, definitely they are good enough to diagnose car wash and laundry equipment. But, the main this is knowing how to use them effectively.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Keno,

I even notice a youtube where some oscilloscope - probe combinations can be used to function similar to a spectrum analyzer to detect EMI weaknesses within circuits that could contribute to the "dreaded" intermittent problems.

Kar B Kleen

Reaction score
You gotta be kidding me, As an industrial tech with 40 years experience with o-scopes, a slew of different analyzers and every kind of test instrument imageable, if I need a scope to troubleshoot my carwash, I"M SELLING OUT!!!!!!!!!!

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Kar B,

It would be great if you could be more specific with making the case for us car wash electronic troubleshooters & sometimes modifiers to supposedly never need a scope for some parts within our car wash equipment.

Etowah