What's new

SHURVEND/ AMS coin cassette issue

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My shurvend was not accepting coins properly; nickels going into dime tube, quarters going into dollar coin tube, etc.

I went to the manual for the MARS coin acceptor and found the info I needed. There are multiple different configurations you can get the coin cassettes in. Mine was programmed incorrectly. I followed the directions to program mine correctly and that solved my problem. Now the coins drop into the correct tubes.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Update: my problem returned. While working on it, I noticed that the mei coin acceptor control board would lose power. I found a bad wire connector ( plug). Yesterday I cut out the plug and reconnected all the wires with wire nuts.

Re- filled tubes with correct coins, re-set coin cassette configuration.

Wait and see if it stays 'fixed'.

Randy

Reaction score
Update: my problem returned. While working on it, I noticed that the mei coin acceptor control board would lose power. I found a bad wire connector ( plug). Yesterday I cut out the plug and reconnected all the wires with wire nuts.

Re- filled tubes with correct coins, re-set coin cassette configuration.

Wait and see if it stays 'fixed'.
How old is your Mars Cf7512i coin validator? There's a battery inside that needs to be changed every few years, it holds the memory and they need to be serviced to get the latest updates.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not sure how old it is. It was used many years ago when I bought it from Jim Holve. 15-20 years best guess.

Randy

Reaction score
I'm not sure how old it is. It was used many years ago when I bought it from Jim Holve. 15-20 years best guess.
If it's 15 or 20 years old it wouldn't hurt to get it serviced.