What's new

Stringing in Middle FL

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Compliments to Micah

A couple days ago I got strung at my wash (CoinCo validators) in Clermont, FL. The men and car in the photos are suspicious, VERY suspicious. The car is a dark green Infinity with Mississippi license plates that are registered to an address in Gulfport, Mississippi.

They hit my wash about 10 minutes after the manager left. Obviously they had been watching it. While they were in the process of jack poting the machines they were interrupted and left the property. However about 20 minutes later and tried again. Cool and collected. The photo is of them returning.

Since my wash is in central Florida and the vehicle is registered in Mississippi I can only assume they may be coming to other washes in Florida and they will eventually make their way back to Mississippi through Georgia and Alabama.

Micah Savell

***** member since 2001
Reaction score
We filed a police report but probably they have moved on to other towns and cities in Florida. It is my guess that when their "vacation" is over they will stop and visit some a lot more washes on their way home to Gulfport, Ms. :(

Louise

Reaction score
From wash owners in the Panhandle - thank you for the warning and for the photos. I sure wish everyone in our business had cameras. We are now on the look out for these creeps.

MEP001

Reaction score
The damage on the rear bumper kind of looks like what gets caused when the cops use the "PIT" maneuver on someone fleeing.

mac

Reaction score
Unfortunately in FL even if you catch them, or the cops do, if they have less than $700 stolen, they are just booked and released for a trial date. Learned that the hard way also.