What's new

Vacuum trouble shooting.

Wasking

Reaction score
Hey you guys asking anyone who can help diagnose a issue I’ve been having with one of my super vacuums,it all started with one of the motors needing new brushes,got them replaced and after that one of the fuses got blown,replaced it and got blown again.
Switch both of the motors to a different
Vacuum is a J.A. 9200 super vac.

thoughts?

edredtop

Reaction score
Hey you guys asking anyone who can help diagnose a issue I’ve been having with one of my super vacuums,it all started with one of the motors needing new brushes,got them replaced and after that one of the fuses got blown,replaced it and got blown again.
Switch both of the motors to a different
Vacuum is a J.A. 9200 super vac.

thoughts?
#1 thing I would check is that you didn't wire the hot to a ground connector on the motor when you changed out the motors.

Attachments

Wasking

Reaction score
#1 thing I would check is that you didn't wire the hot to a ground connector on the motor when you changed out the motors.
Is that connector the hot?
How is connect it is that wire runs to a ground same as the other motor.

I don’t know what Im missing

Wasking

Reaction score
This is what happened today,replaced both of the fuses ond one got blown inside the fuse holder.

Attachments

OurTown

Reaction score
Did you switch the motors to a different vac? If so did the problem follow the motors or is the problem still with the original vac? Does it blow the fuse immediately when starting it?

edredtop

Reaction score
Is that connector the hot?
How is connect it is that wire runs to a ground same as the other motor.

I don’t know what Im missing
My red arrow is pointing to the ground connector on the motor. Can you take a few wide angle pictures of the motor area? If it's a wiring issue we may be able to spot it and give guidance. Also, Keno and OurTown are asking a valid question above. You stated you put the motors that originally blew the fuse(s) on another vacuum, did the issue follow the motors or did they work ok?

Wasking

Reaction score
Yes I switch the motors to a different vac and they work fine,issue still in the vacuum.
Here are some pics.
The broken fuse I’m working on pulling it out.
Before that it work for like 5 mins then the fuse got blown.
I did noticed one thing and that was that the same fuse (holder) I’ve been replacing 3 times already.
Could be something wrong with the fuse holder,wiring seems to be much the same.

Attachments

edredtop

Reaction score
Yes I switch the motors to a different vac and they work fine,issue still in the vacuum.
Here are some pics.
I did noticed one thing and that was that the same fuse (holder) I’ve been replacing 3 times already.
The first thing that jumps out at me is the wire nut connection for the (white) common. If only a few strands are touching in there that will cause high resistance (heat) and will certainly cook off a fuse after a few minutes, if not immediately. That may not be culprit, but I would definitely redo that connection.

Attachments

edredtop

Reaction score
Here are some pics.
Also, there seems to be an additional load wire leaving the yellow wire nut in the foreground.
(The same wire nut connected to the blown fuse)
Nothing but a motor should be downstream from the fuses. ..and definitely don't re-use that fuse holder.
Fuse Holder for J.E. Adams Units | J.E. Adams | B5997-001 | Kleen-Rite (kleen-ritecorp.com)

Attachments

Last edited:

Wasking

Reaction score
Thank you guys.
I’m waiting for a new fuse holder.
I’ll keep you updated on how that goes.

Randy

Reaction score
What a flipp'n mess. You need to clean up the wiring before you do anything, it looks like a 5th grader was working on the wiring! I'd replace the fuses with a 10 amp breaker. You say it will run for about 5 minutes before the fuse blows. Put a clamp on Amp meter on the power wire and see how many amps the motors is drawing.