What's new

WashLocator.com - 4 Months of Featured Listing FREE this week!

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
One other thing just occurred to me. In many states, use of phone while driving is a crime.
You should join his app then. Ya just proved my point, go to google and type it in. Are you going to sign up for an app that tells you where to find fried chicken ???
Why would I install an app on my Dodge UConnect system that I have to pull up on the touchscreen when I can push one button on my steering wheel, ask a question, and the answer pops up on the map? In Michigan it is now illegal to pick up your phone when driving and do anything.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
One other thing just occurred to me. In many states, use of phone while driving is a crime.

Why would I install an app on my Dodge UConnect system that I have to pull up on the touchscreen when I can push one button on my steering wheel, ask a question, and the answer pops up on the map? In Michigan it is now illegal to pick up your phone when driving and do anything.
Never mind

edcrawfordlv

Reaction score
As a counter point to 'just googling', we are all on a specific car wash operators website and not just googling and relying on reddit answers on how to fix a washworld. To carry on the fried chicken theme, if you were a fried chicken fan you search out specific types of fried chicken and may even follow certain specific people. To better accomplish your task, you go to specific fried chicken fan pages and even might have a dedicated fried chicken app on your phone.

Even in "competing" with google, his listing for your site can appear before your specific site, just like sometimes its hard to find a manufacturer's website because all sorts of resellers jump ahead of the queue.

traveler17

Reaction score

Im driving a 2020 tundra. I don’t have fancy push buttons like a dodge has 😬

Reaction score

The good news is that will always be an option to find something! But in the event you ask it for a "Car Wash" and it accidentally takes you to a detailer when you are looking for an express or it routes you to an express and you need to spray off your boat, you can pull off to the side. Pull up washlocator.com find what you are looking for quickly and hit the get directions button/link and it will boot to Apple Maps/Google Maps and that will pop right up on Carplay/Android Auto on your UConnect and you'll be on your way! No laws broken😉 And still nothing to download

Reaction score
As a counter point to 'just googling', we are all on a specific car wash operators website and not just googling and relying on reddit answers on how to fix a washworld. To carry on the fried chicken theme, if you were a fried chicken fan you search out specific types of fried chicken and may even follow certain specific people. To better accomplish your task, you go to specific fried chicken fan pages and even might have a dedicated fried chicken app on your phone.

Even in "competing" with google, his listing for your site can appear before your specific site, just like sometimes its hard to find a manufacturer's website because all sorts of resellers jump ahead of the queue.
Thanks Ed! I agree there should be a better place than Reddit to find answers. That is part of how this journey started. Did you know there is at least one if not multiple Reddit threads in every city talking about where the best touchless car washes are? Also, in a place like Denver with only 10 spots or so on the first page of Google and 200 wash locations in the metro area, it is tough to get an individual site onto that page. I hoped to create a way to search and filter by location so that if you are looking for a self-serve within a couple of miles of wherever you are, you can quickly find it and they as a business don't need a bunch of technical SEO strategy to show up when searched for in their area.