What's new

Washworld hi velocity Low pressure spray.

Etowah

Don B.

Reaction score
I’ve got an older wash world high velocity, same as laser 4000. My step one soap sprays very smooth out of the tips. But my step two and wax doesn’t. It spits and sputters some and doesn’t have a smooth spray. My pump is at 150 psi and I think my air is at 60 psi. Can’t figure out why I get a smooth spray out of step one, but not the other two. I switch the step one hose with the wax hose, and there was no change. Still getting a smooth spray out of the wax line hose now connected to the step one and irregular spray out of the step one that was smooth. I thought maybe an air problem, but then why do I still get a smooth spray with the step one? Can’t figure this one out.

Don B.

Reaction score
Have you changed your injectors on the ones that are sputtering?
Yes, new injectors and solenoid valves on both step two and wax. Very puzzling! About the only thing left is changing the check valves on the manifold above the boom, but I don’t really believe that is the problem. Specially since I swapped hoses from the step one hose to wax hose and it didn’t change or make any difference. Step one still sprayed smoothly and the wax didn’t. It almost seems like an intermittent air problem. But I don’t understand why it doesn’t do it on step one. Same airline, same check valve, same air solenoid for all 3 lines.

bobcat9095

Reaction score
Have you checked to see if your solenoid valve on step one is stuck open?

Don B.

Reaction score
Have you checked to see if your solenoid valve on step one is stuck open?
No, I haven’t but I replaced it just a month or two ago. Although, that doesn’t mean it isn’t stuck open. I’ll check that. Thanks.

GPAW

Reaction score
I am following this as I have a similar problem with a 6 month old laser 360+, my acid presoak, I believe I am getting too much back pressure and it is sputtering, I am going to try a larger injector. Solenoid and injectors have already been replaced, check valves taken apart and foamer removed and inspected.

Zal

Reaction score
Some of the low ph presoaks dont foam well. Did you change any chemical suppliers lately? Maybe go up with the tip size and try again?

dallas

Reaction score
Try getting your pressure to 200 psi and see I'd that helps.

Zal

Reaction score
Hey I just thought of this, I had to change the scrubber inside the wall manifold to fix this issue. Soap kinda went downhill over a short time. New pad and it foamed better than it had in a couple of years