What's new

What Grinds My Gears

Ben's Car Wash

Conveyor & self service
Reaction score
Eric,

after every heart case I save what surgical towels I don't use that are on my scrub table and throw them off to the side instead of in the trash can! I do from 7-16 heart caths a day and every pre-packaged surgical case has about 15 towels, I use about 6 on average unless it's a little BLOODY...or messy! So I have boxes of blue non lint surgical towel at the car wash instead of throwing them away. Everyone in my department takes turns when then want rags for cleaning. If we can decrease the number, we do.

Below is a link to a Polish girl that I work with, Bozena, web site. She does Photography on the side and took these shots to hang in our waiting area and for PR for the hospital. Click on the "open Heart" section to see an actual table and set up with a real patient on the table (not able to see anything) or on the "cath lab" to see the towels that I use daily and how they are laid out on my patient and on the back table.

http://www.photosbybozena.com/

Jim H.

Reaction score
I ordered two propane fueled Palomas from Kleen Rite. The heaters never worked right, I thought I had installed the wrong gas line or that my propane tank was two small. The problem turned out to be with the fuel, I received natural gas powered Palomas. I checked my records, and Kleen Rite verified, that I had placed the order correctly. They told me that I should have checked the serial numbers on the heaters before I installed them. I will concede that I should have checked the serial numbers, but they did make a mistake, I just didn't catch it. They never did anything to make it right.

Fatboy769

Living the American Dream
Reaction score
Mep, in one post you say that Kleen-Rites internal decision making is horrible and then turn around and say in another, that its unreasonable to expect that type of customer service from them. Where's the logic in that? Waxman, I totally agree with you. The size of a company should have absolutely nothing to do with great customer service, if it does, then maybe they're to BIG for their own good.

Randy

Reaction score
Last Thursday I ordered a fairly sizeable amount of vending, soap and misc. items from Kleen-rite to take advantage of the Expo Free shipping offer. Jennifer called me about a half hour after I placed the order and asked if it could be sent by common carrier. This morning at 11:30 I got a call from Reddaway trucking wanting to deliver 637 lbs. of freight. I couldn?t believe it was here already, halfway across the States. Has I unpack everything I always take inventory so I know right away if something isn?t right or it?s damaged etc. This is good practice that everyone should do.

dogwasher

Reaction score
In the past 3 months I have ordered from Kleenrite about 5 times. every order has arrived with at least one back order and your correct they dont tell you about it. I also asked them if they stocked a certain pump impeller (2)so if I needed in the future I could call on them, they said they would check and call me back well they called back and didnt get a hold of me so they just sent them out anyway, I had to call in for a return and they didnt reimburse the shipping charge only the parts. The order I received today had a back ordered float valve and the incorrect detail vac shampoo(I ordered winter and got summer) they are clowns and should stop there rediculous ways. Its not rocket science running a parts warehouse:confused:

Maybe the owner should stop being so cheap and stock the shelves a little better! they only have two different float valves in four sizes listed in there catalog and they back ordered mine??

Boy after reading my own post Im not sure why I keep ordering from them?

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
Fatboy769 said:
Mep, in one post you say that Kleen-Rites internal decision making is horrible and then turn around and say in another, that its unreasonable to expect that type of customer service from them. Where's the logic in that? Waxman, I totally agree with you. The size of a company should have absolutely nothing to do with great customer service, if it does, then maybe they're to BIG for their own good.
I told a bit of how I used to provide a higher level of service that Kleen-Rite simply can't. They have many employees, almost none of which have ever seen the inside of an equipment room. I've serviced many, many different washes, and often could send the correct part to a customer who called to order "that thing that goes on the other thing." Kindly re-read my post and understand that I was implying that Waxman was being unreasonable in his expectations for Kleen-Rite to handle orders in that manner. They have procedures in place (Ship what they have on-hand, ship backorders complete unless the lead-time is excessive, then call the customer).

Yes, it would be nice if they could know that a customer is ordering a vending product for the first time and respond differently than simply placing it on backorder, but for a company the size of Kleen-Rite, it's impossible. Yes, their ability to decide which part of your order you need stinks, and yes, expecting them to do better is unreasonable.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
FWIW yeserday I mde orders with Snny's and Kleen Rite. they BOTH called concerning issues like no longer carrying an item. Maybe they watch this forum!

MEP001

Reaction score
Earl Weiss said:
FWIW yeserday I mde orders with Snny's and Kleen Rite. they BOTH called concerning issues like no longer carrying an item. Maybe they watch this forum!
That's something they've always done for me, regarding a phone call if a product is no longer available.