What's new

Blue/Gray foot valves.

MEP001

Reaction score
They do, I pulled it up on accident the other day but I can't seem to find it again.

BBE

Reaction score
I'm starting to think there isn't a difference anymore between the gray and blue except for color. Over the last year I've had to replace at least 5 or 6 of the blue foot valves in both our bug cleaner and our alkaline pre soak.

L

loewem

I'm starting to think there isn't a difference anymore between the gray and blue except for color. Over the last year I've had to replace at least 5 or 6 of the blue foot valves in both our bug cleaner and our alkaline pre soak.
I agree with this. I've stopped buying the blue ones and just use the grey. Would be nice if you could replace a part rather than the entire foot valve.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Couldn't you make your own mesh filter? it doesn't seem that hard just go to the hardware store and in the plumbing section should have mesh screens for bathroom sinks just cut out a piece and shape accordingly.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Blue Foot valves have a Viton Rubber seal where the Gray foot valve has a Rubber material called EPDM which is recommended for strong chemicals such as tire cleaners, presoaks, etc.

slash007

Reaction score
I was hoping to find them ready made, but since they don't sell the parts, I will try to just make my own.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Now that the price has about doubled in the past 5 years, maybe it would be nice to be able to repair them? Keep us informed...

Although you won't repair one like the one pictured. I went to replace a slow leaking one with this new one about a month ago. It was worse than the one I replaced. Closer inspection revealed a tiny crack where the housing was fused together. The next time you have one leaking, it might be wise to get out the magnifying glass and check for cracks. Looks like they are also using cheap plastic!

slash007

Reaction score
How does the screen go bad ?
I find many times where the screen is just eaten up and is only about 1/4 of it's original size, or where it just falls apart when you touch it, or has holes in it. I have a few foot valves laying around that are in perfect shape other than missing the screen that I took out to use in another one. Could also just be the chemicals that I am using as come to think of it, I haven't had that issue at my other wash...

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
What is the difference/preference between the grey/blue ones and these:

Seems like my chem dist set up my wash using the above, and they seem fine, although I've found a few with faulty check valves. How critical is the function of the check valve function?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Had lots of Blue and Gray go bad in the last several weeks. Anyone have an alternative?

Ayerule

Reaction score
CWG,
The check valves keep the line full of chemical for each pull to your tank. Also they should prevent siphoning so you don't flood your equipment room. I had a constant problem with that until someone on here suggested cutting a chunk out of the discharge line in the tank to prevent siphoning. Brilliant move, brilliant advice, brilliant forum.

BBE

Reaction score
What is the difference/preference between the grey/blue ones and these:

Seems like my chem dist set up my wash using the above, and they seem fine, although I've found a few with faulty check valves. How critical is the function of the check valve function?
These are what I now use. Dema makes them. These have been working very well for me, even in the harsher alkaline solutions.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I see from the KR catalog they are listed as 1/4" . Does this size fit right into the typical hydrominder hose?

Creole

Reaction score
We use the grey, and agree with the previous post about checking for cracks they are poorly welded. Even purposefully broken some and re-glued with super glue prior to install.

cap732000

Reaction score
I use the white one from dema as well my chemical distributor set them up initially and I really like them have had a lot less issues than with blue or grey ones!