What's new

A Car Wash Dream...

Red Baron

Reaction score
...last night. So, I opened the door to my equipment room and, everything was gone. Everything! Every single thing had been stolen, they even swept the floor before they left, which makes a bizarre dream even more bizarre.

I stepped outside and called 911.

911: 911 what is your emergency?
Me: Someone stole my car wash.
911: They stole what?
Me: My car wash, they stole my car wash. Not the building, just the equipment.
911: Do you want me to dispatch an officer?
Me: No, I think I can run a car wash without any of the pumps and stuff - of course I want you to send an officer. And when they're on their way here if they see someone pulling a trailer full of stainless steel equipment, pull them over and shoot them.

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
Did you look down and realize that you didn't have any pants on? :p

mac

Reaction score
If they swept the floor, it was a dream.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
white collar or blue collar?

...last night. So, I opened the door to my equipment room and, everything was gone. Everything! Every single thing had been stolen, they even swept the floor before they left, which makes a bizarre dream even more bizarre.
Red,

As a figure of speech --- you dodged a bullet!!!

When I was a lot younger, my dad used to warn me when I was not paying enough attention to our facility that " One of these days you will go down there & the whole building & everything will be gone."

I had a car wash distributer arrange us to change over to 3 phase & take all the equipment out ---- minutes before the wires on the pole were taken off with the power company lineman up on the pole with his hands on --- suddenly a phone call from the big city ---- delayed equipment & install for several weeks needed from the distributor. True story not a dream. I suppose we should be extra thankful that we got the call & got it before we took all the equipment out!

MJ

sprocket

Reaction score
I'm going to put my payment book with my equipment tonite!

Red Baron

Reaction score
Did you look down and realize that you didn't have any pants on? :p
Lol. I dunno why I have nightmares about my wash. 95 times out of 100 I just drive thru the lot at 5:30 am and look for obvious stuff, i.e., ACWs have the right display, no red lights on the ER60s, both Bug Brush brushes still in the buckets, clean bays, no hoses in bays, no vac hoses laying out. It takes all of 5 seconds and I don't even come to a complete stop as I zip through the lot on my way to Starbucks. Rarely does something need done, but that doesn't stop me from fretting and dreaming about it.

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
Sounds like a business owner to me!! If you don't worry about it no one else will.

buda

Reaction score
It sounds like the "meth addicts" have struck again...

In all seriousness, we had a broken down used "aluminum" car wash equipment system on our dock, along with other metal items. The dock is behind a 6' cyclone fence and the gate locked with a 2" chain and untamperable lock, but the meth addicts struck on Sunday am about 4.

Cut the chain, drove a truck up to the dock and loaded up.

Took at least 12 - 4" x 6" aluminum legs; conveyor chain and rollers; parts of a Stripper Air Dryer and an almost new, UNIMAC 2002 (probably for the stainless covering).

Be on guard today as the price of scrap metal has gone up and the addicts are on the prowl again.

Thank God for good insurance, they covered everything.

Bud A

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
In Atlanta they have been stripping out anything with copper in it like air conditioners or plumbing in vacant houses or buildings. We have also had metal flower pots off graves and even manhole covers stolen.

buda

Reaction score
That's right. What the police found when investigating the site was that they had already been on top of our building, where there are two large furnance/air conditioning units to heat/cool the 24,000 sq ft that we share with another company, and were in the process of stripping those of copper, etc.

One can't be too careful these days with anything that is metal.

Bud A

MudMoney

Reaction score
I like it when I hear of thieves going in to a electrical substation and getting fried for their troubles.

Red Baron

Reaction score
It sounds like the "meth addicts" have struck again...

In all seriousness, we had a broken down used "aluminum" car wash equipment system on our dock, along with other metal items. The dock is behind a 6' cyclone fence and the gate locked with a 2" chain and untamperable lock, but the meth addicts struck on Sunday am about 4.

Cut the chain, drove a truck up to the dock and loaded up.

Took at least 12 - 4" x 6" aluminum legs; conveyor chain and rollers; parts of a Stripper Air Dryer and an almost new, UNIMAC 2002 (probably for the stainless covering).

Be on guard today as the price of scrap metal has gone up and the addicts are on the prowl again.

Thank God for good insurance, they covered everything.

Bud A
Last month some dope rammed one of my new i5000 gantries...5 times! Yep, 5 times! He backed up and put his Dodge Cummins in 4x4 the last two times. I guess he thought he could climb over it. His insurance paid me $XX,000 for a new gantry. I bought the old one (1 year old) for spare parts, but the adjuster wanted to keep it to sell for scrap. It's 700 lbs of mostly aluminum but the scrap yard only offered $35 for it, or $350 if I separated the steel from the aluminum.

A plug for D&S, that gantry was bent badly in the middle but it probably washed another 1,000 cars before the new one arrived.

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
Last month some dope rammed one of my new i5000 gantries...5 times! Yep, 5 times! He backed up and put his Dodge Cummins in 4x4 the last two times. I guess he thought he could climb over it. His insurance paid me $XX,000 for a new gantry. I bought the old one (1 year old) for spare parts, but the adjuster wanted to keep it to sell for scrap. It's 700 lbs of mostly aluminum but the scrap yard only offered $35 for it, or $350 if I separated the steel from the aluminum.

A plug for D&S, that gantry was bent badly in the middle but it probably washed another 1,000 cars before the new one arrived.
I'd like to see the video of that one!