What's new

A Good Honest Customer saved me tonight

DiamondWash

Reaction score
At about 7:00 p.m tonight I pulled up to the wash just to check on things before heading home and saw a customer washing in the self serve bay. As I approached my front door suddenly I see a person come around the corner wearing a hooded fleece and say "Are you the owner?" I said "yes can I help you" and he said "I would like to give you your money back" "huh" I said then he goes onto explain to me that he put in a $1 bill and the changer just kept pouring quarters out enough so he had his fleece pockets full of quarters, I go into the back office to retrieve a bucket to have him put the quarters into comes out he had $56.75 in quarters before it shut down. He said I know most people would of just taken the money and left but he wanted to do the right thing and return what wasn't his, he was even willing to call the sheriff's dept to get a hold me to report this. So in the end I gave him a couple free $9.00 automatic washes and shook his hand then told him that what he did saved me from losing money and in the economy the way it is right now we need more honest people like himself to make a difference in our country he said "Your Welcome and I have always liked your Car Wash".
(BTW the changer (Validator & Hopper) are going in for service today)

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
The validator would be the last thing that I would blame for a jackpotting problem. Do you have another changer that you can swap parts with to narrow it down. I would suspect the hopper, controller, and wiring before the validator. Have your audits been coming up correctly before this incident?

Randy

Reaction score
I'd start wth the Controller. When it shut down what was the error code on the controller? Do you keep track of the coins into the Hopper with coins out of the Hopper on Hopper counter, with the currency in the stacker?

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Well somehow the gfci outlets were tripped so I couldn't get the error code because when I reset it the green light came on and the decimal was blinking on the validator like nothing was wrong also the audit came out correct the amount of bills matched the coins in the hopper no stringing attempt was evident the only thing I could think was the coin count on the hopper malfunctioned somehow and just kept the motor going until it got so hot it tripped the gfci outlet.

Randy

Reaction score
If the GFI breaker tripped and the currency in the stacker is correct with the coin counter on the Hopper I’d have to say your problem is with the controller. What model changer is it? Have you tried it since it jackpotted?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
To quote Glen Fry in 'Smugglers Blues", ......'the lure of easy money has a very strong appeal'.

I see it as a nice story.

Sometimes you take so many hits in business it is nice when things have a rainbow and some pixie dust sprinkled in.:D