What's new

ACW IV coin drop

Auto Spa

Reaction score
We have a ACW IV in our IBA. Occasionally the coins will not drop in the cup. Somehow they bounce out and fall inside the cabinet. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? The guides and the coin gate do not appear to be bent.

jprb

Reaction score
I think this is caused mostly by people reaching in to get quarters as more are still being dropped. The door is flipped up and the quarters bounce off of it. That's the only thing I've come up with.

JPRB

Randy

Reaction score
If it becomes a big problem you could try retro fitting a ?Coin chute assembly? #60-2205A from a Goldline ACW to your ACW - 4. It would require welding some studs on the ACW-4 door to mount the Coin chute Assembly.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
This is a little off topic but I once had a coin bounce out of the bin and get stuck to the speaker (which is magnetic). Every time the machine would try to speak it would short out. I was on the phone with Hamilton when I looked down and saw the quarter stuck to the speaker. When I pulled it off all was well. Of course by that time I had driven 200 miles to get a controller and pulled much of my hair out.

MEP001

Reaction score
Randy said:
If it becomes a big problem you could try retro fitting a “Coin chute assembly” #60-2205A from a Goldline ACW to your ACW - 4. It would require welding some studs on the ACW-4 door to mount the Coin chute Assembly.
Rather than weld studs, I've successfully "made" them on stainless 12-gauge meterbox doors by drilling the proper size hole but deliberately tapping the threads too shallow, then using red Loc-Tite on a cut piece of stainless all-thread and forcing it into the hole, using a double-nut on one end as a bolt head. Once it's tight and cured and you remove the nuts, you have a permanent stud.