What's new

Adding bill acceptors to Fragramatics

APW

Reaction score
I have some early 2000 Fragramatic combo vacs that work great but I want to add bill acceptors. Fragramatics says its a matter of space inside the cabinet as why I can't do it. They said their models with bill acceptors are built different to make room for the acceptors. Has anyone every retrofitted theirs or have any ideas? Thanks.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Does it have improved locks? I would not put bill acceptors in a Fragramatics with the Van cam locks on it. Their models with bill acceptors have a totally different locking system.
I don't know. He was just displaying the door at the 2019 ICA show. FWIW, I put LAI locks in mine last year. I was backed into a corner somewhat. Keys got stolen and I had those LAI on hand and made do with them.

boywonder

Reaction score
You can put them in there no problem, got one that way will add to the other

MEP001

Reaction score
I don't know. He was just displaying the door at the 2019 ICA show. FWIW, I put LAI locks in mine last year. I was backed into a corner somewhat. Keys got stolen and I had those LAI on hand and made do with them.
I've replaced the Van locks with regular Gem meter door locks. I figure they're just going to pry the door open and break them again, why spend more on something they can still break easily. I've got a couple extra hardened steel puck locks I need to take and have machined and maybe mount them to the door.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Or, add a separate Box with the Bill Acceptor Bolted to the regular box?