What's new

American Changer MEI Validator troubleshooting

Etowah

Wash Grunt

Reaction score
We have an American Changer AC2221 with an MEI VN2702 U5 validator. The changer is out of service showing code 38879 Validator Jammed on the screen. I checked the validator and it is not jammed. I cleaned everything put it back together but it did no good. When I turned the power on the validator red light comes on, flashes once, then a single quick flash then the light goes out. all the connections are good. If I remove the bill cassette with the power off, then turn the power on it goes through its check, the belts/gears turn, however the stacker does not come out. I know very little about this thing, and unfortunately there is no one that I can call to come out and look at it. I called MEI Technical Support and they think the motor may be bad. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Randy

Reaction score
Your going to have to send it in for repair. There are 2 motors inside the MEI validators, one for pulling the bill in and another to stack the bill into the bill box. A AE2602 will work in it's place or a AE2612 if you swap the front bezel.