What's new

Anyone using extrutech wall panels?

borumrm

TN D&S 5000's
Reaction score
Anyone using the extrutech wall panels in their self serve bays? They look nice and I think they will really brighten things up but I am wondering how you attach things to the wall like matt cleaners, gun holders, etc. I would imaging you bore all the way thru the panel and into the wall behind but it still seems like over time the plastic panel would be abused and get broken. Has that been an issue for anyone using it?

MikeV

Reaction score
I have them at my wash, you can get some spacers that you use to attach mat holders, gun holders etc to the wall. Use a hole saw then a masonry drill for the anchor bolts. People will punch holes in them just because they can, but not too bad. They do brighten things up a lot. I would do them again if the need arises. The spacers are 7/8" od, 1/2" id and 3/4" long...same as the panels

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
MikeV, are you sure you are not talking about the Royal ReNew panels? I have ExtruTech at two washes and my panels are 1/2" thick. They did not have ready-made spacers. I drilled a 1" hole in mine and used a 5/8" stainless steel hex nut for a spacer. It fits snugly in the hole, is the perfect thickness, and definitely will not crush.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
I have them at my wash, even on the outside wall of the building to my truck bay. They've been installed about 10 years and not a single one has come loose from the walls. They are attached with plastic washers and power driven masonry nails. The ones that are driven with a 22 caliber load. If someone pokes a hole in a panel, I just use white silicone and fill it in with a putty nife. For the spacers for mat holders, I use the grey 1/2" PVC pipe and cut them in 1/2" to 9/16" lengths. The grey is super dense and strong. Then use lead anchors with the nail in the center. I haven't had one come off yet. I'd put them up again if needed. They are easy to clean but they do mar (Black) when somebody hits the wall with the HP hose. But mine still look decent after being up that long.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
2Biz, I had the same marking issue with my hose. Windtrax sells a Goodyear hose in a non-marking gray, like wheelchair tires. No more hose marks. It's not cost prohibitive. Call them and have them make you a few.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Thanks I.B. I'll look into the Grey Hose. Problem is I have about 200' of the black Good Year HP hose! Have you found anything that will take the black scuff marks off the panels?

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
That's been 6 years ago. I don't remember if they just faded away or disappeared under the grunge. I eventually had someone come in and acid wash, but that was long after. It's about that time again.

MikeV

Reaction score
I.B., you may be right about the renew panels, thought they were all the same. My bad.

borumrm

TN D&S 5000's
Reaction score
2Biz, I had the same marking issue with my hose. Windtrax sells a Goodyear hose in a non-marking gray, like wheelchair tires. No more hose marks. It's not cost prohibitive. Call them and have them make you a few.
I think kleenrite has a hose that is designated "non marking". I use a blue color version of it for my bay hoses.