What's new

Anyone using Water Deionizer Systems? Insights Please!

afrowookie

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am ready to purchase a water deionizer system for mainly rinsing my vehicles after washing. But I am wondering if it's worth my time and money to get one. If one is better than the other.

So my main issue is I have pretty hard well water, even though it goes through a sand filter. My TDS levels is about 320-340.

My question is even with the CR Spotless systems that are 2 stages, and/or a one stage system like Adam's Resin Water Deionizers, and the DI Pro50D. Will either of these systems bring my TDS levels to 0 or low enough for a spotless rinse?

If they are good enough, what size should I get? The sizes I am debating a between the DIC10 and DIC20.

TIA

OurTown

Reaction score
I don't know much about those but you don't need to get to zero for spot free. There are different opinions on here but somewhere around 25 TDS for a black vehicle and 50 for lighter colors.

afrowookie

Reaction score
Thanks for the response.

Ok, what can I use to get to that? I don't have any black vehicles. Darkest color I have is grey.

I rather not spend a bunch of money for one of these systems to find out that I should've went with something else.

For the systems I mentioned, when watching videos reviews of them, I don't recall any of these reviewers having as high a count water hardness as I do. Any one here who could compare to the same TDS levels as mine and have good results with a product will be helpful.

Again, if I can just get it down to a level without water spots would be great.

Buckeye Hydro

Reaction score
Dumping 300+ ppm TDS water into DI resin is a crazy expensive way to rinse a car. Either send the water through an RO first, or just use RO water for your rinse.

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
I don't think he has an RO system or he wouldn't be asking about DI.

MEP001

Reaction score
Reverse osmosis.

If this is for home use, you might want to look on DIY car washing forums. This one is mainly for professional car wash owners/operators. The equipment we use costs tens of thousands of dollars.

afrowookie

Reaction score
Those RO systems seems almost the same as the smaller CR Spotless systems. What would be the difference?

Buckeye Hydro

Reaction score
CR Spotless systems are DI resin cartridges - they don't use an RO membrane.

MEP001

Reaction score
DI has several advantages, the main one is that it will flow enough on its own to rinse a car. An RO system needs storage and a pump.

Buckeye Hydro

Reaction score
True. But if this is just for one or several vehicles, the tank (brute trash can works great) and small pump and tubing you need will be very low cost relative to the resin you'll blow through over and over again.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
You are a home gamer and I'm trying to keep it simple. Have you considered trying to rinse with 1-2 gallons of distilled water in a garden sprayer? It's not sexy/fun but my local walmart sells distilled water for around .85/gallon.

MEP001

Reaction score
I've done this by bringing spot free water home and rinsing the windows with it. 100% effective.

Azexcrt

Reaction score
I recently purchased a water deionizer system for rinsing my vehicles after washing, and I'm so glad I did! It's been a game-changer for my car wash routine. I used to have to spend a lot of time drying my car after washing it to prevent water spots, but now I just let the water air dry and it's spotless. I have hard well water with TDS levels of around 300 ppm, and the deionizer system has been able to reduce the TDS levels to 0 ppm. I went with a two-stage system, the CR Spotless DI-20, and I'm very happy with its performance.

Vanhalo

Reaction score
I have been using a double mixed bed dionizer from On the Go for 3 years.
i have never replaced the resin.
it registered 0 ppm when i first got it and now it is registering 33ppm
i bought it to use in my radiator for flushing.
what I actually use it for is washing and spot free rinsing.
never have to dry my metallic silver Jeep again.